Hello

shocker

Reaction score
Hi
Just found this forum because I'm thinking of buying an MT 09, and was doing a bit of research to see if they are as good as they look and appear on paper - not because I've got already got one!

I went to a local dealer to test ride an XT660 Tenere because I thought it might replace 2 bikes I've already got.
The XT wasn't for me, but saw several MT's there, sat on one, and now trying to find the best deal around, and to decide which colour I want it in - the black with a white tank stripe currently winning :cool:

flydnb

Reaction score
its actually not black mate its a dark purple called deep armor but it does look black to be fair unless your in the right light, anyhow welcome to the forum and hows the cottaging on the welsh boarders?

pipski99

Reaction score
Hi Shocker, welcome to the site.

I was looking at an XT660X, the motard set up not the tenere adventure one, before I bought my MT. I have to recommend taking the MT on a test ride as if you're at all interested I reckon the test ride is a deal clincher with the MT.

After my test ride I was left wondering how they have managed to sell this bike at the price they have when it is so good, and also how it managed 57mpg average after a 2 hour test ride while giving me a permanent grin and loads of pulling power to overtake at will.

I just knew I had to have one after the test ride.

Stripy

Reaction score
Hi Shocker, welcome to the site.

...after a 2 hour test ride while giving me a permanent grin and loads of pulling power to overtake at will.
Pip, you're just a pervert with your right hand :)

Shocker, Welcome on board!
As Fly and Pippi suggest, go for a testride, then you know what to do.
The MT is just amazing!.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Are you guys actually telling me there are people tall enough to get on the Tenere :)

pipski99

Reaction score
I rode a mates KLX250 and had to get on the foot rest before I could get my leg over (ooo errrr). Also rode his XTZ1200 Super ten and went on demo ride on BMW 1200 GS with him and although they're all tall I HATED the BMW with a passion.

flydnb

Reaction score
I rode a mates KLX250 and had to get on the foot rest before I could get my leg over (ooo errrr). Also rode his XTZ1200 Super ten and went on demo ride on BMW 1200 GS with him and although they're all tall I HATED the BMW with a passion.
how was the super tenere better ? I have been looking at these .

Birdy

Reaction score
I love the xtz 660 tenere , was toying with getting one for ages, but it is bloody tall and im not a short arse ! Just popped into my local dealers before xmas to have a SIT on the 09, that was all , just a sit ! Hour and one test drive later , all other bikes forgotten, my faithfull old tdm 900 part exed and discarded like a used condom ! Fell in love with biking again , what a bike :)

pipski99

Reaction score
how was the super tenere better ? I have been looking at these .
It wasn't for me let's put it that way. The owner loves it and can ride the wheels off the thing but I thought it was a bit of a lumbering numb lump and didn't rate the parallel twin engine - too much vibration and not nearly smooth enough. I'm sure it can cover thousands of miles without a problem but it doesn't have the MT factor :)