I know I don't ride economic, but...

Stripy

Reaction score
...I noticed this morning, that my average fuel consumption looked a bit odd, and thought "oh it much be showing l/100km" and clicked away to show the instantaneous consumption.
On my way home from work, in a set of lights that always take forever to shift, I clicked around the dashboard again.

Still same error - and indeed 6.5mpg is well below normal :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398186565.935254.jpg

Someone said "give it the berries" in another thread, but I didn't think I gave it THAT much lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wud reset it and go for a ride. The AVE updates every mile so do a few miles at least

Stripy

Reaction score
I wud reset it and go for a ride. The AVE updates every mile so do a few miles at least
I commute 36 miles every day, so assume that should have been enough :)
When looking at the instantaneous, that runs fine though.

Odd thing, me thinks, but not anything i wanna go to the dealer for, until i'm there anyway

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I commute 36 miles every day, so assume that should have been enough :)
When looking at the instantaneous, that runs fine though.

Odd thing, me thinks, but not anything i wanna go to the dealer for, until i'm there anyway
Mine started pissing about a few weeks ago... it wudnt move off 46.1....

I thrashed the shite out of it for a good hour and then rode it like a nun... it didn't budge. I reset the AVE and it works fine now. Every mile it registers and changes according to my riding. Mite be worth trying...

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Its down to when you last reset it and the very steep hill you just rolled down with next to no use of fuel at tickover.
What you need to know is how long since it was last reset in miles.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its down to when you last reset it and the very steep hill you just rolled down with next to no use of fuel at tickover.
What you need to know is how long since it was last reset in miles.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2
I reset mine on every full up so about every 110-120 odd miles

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Cypher

Reaction score
The service guy at my dealership also has an MT-09 and says his whole clock unit was faulty and Yamaha eventually replaced it. Don't know exactly what was wrong but he said the whole dash didn't work.

I'd talk to your dealer if I was you, see if they can do the same for you.

The more time passes the shoddier the build quality turns out to be... Camchain tensioner, faulty dashes, brake hoses rubbing paint off swingarms. Sigh...

pipski99

Reaction score
I just got back from a 70 odd mile run today and my average is at 56.5 mpg which is around what it normally shows unless I'm giving it large in 1st and 2nd gears in A-mode a lot.

I reset the average and trip 1 every fill up and it usually takes a few minutes to show the first reading on the average gauge which usually goes up to around 45mpg initially and then increases gradually.

If I saw 6.5 at all I'd reset the average gauge straight away as that should never happen.

Let us know how it goes and if it sorts itself or if it has developed a fault.

Fish1216

Reaction score
I didnt know you could reset the average mpg!! Must try that, mines always between 42.7 and 43.6 but ive never reset it

Stripy

Reaction score
Oh, and i thought it would reset when you reset the milage/filled up lol

I shall give it a go, pipski -thanks for poking my brain :D

M

MT account

blimey my street is only averaging 34.4 mpg! i think id better swop it for another MT.....

Cypher

Reaction score
blimey my street is only averaging 34.4 mpg! i think id better swop it for another MT.....
It's about right. I was getting the same in Central London. Improved a bit after the first service but not by much. Here's my history:
Yamaha MT-09 (Yamaha MT-09) | Fuelly

Mind you, the 40-42mph ones are when I was travelling to my dealer a bit outside the city.