Loobman

Scaley

Reaction score
Fitted the loobman oiler. 90 mile run and a nicely wetted chain and no splatter. Long may it continue!

Sent from my thl T6 pro using Tapatalk

Hexme

Reaction score
Looks good, did you mount the reservoir behind your panniers? Can't quite make it out from the photo.

Scaley

Reaction score
Yes, on the up tube of my rear rack. Protected by grab handle. Hopefully it won't get kicked off up there!

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

Hexme

Reaction score
Good idea, my oiler is on the foot peg mount at the moment, If it becomes a pain I'll try it there.

Scaley

Reaction score
Be useful to try and source some rigid black tubing to run the length of the subframe.

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
@ Scaley

I'm thinking of using either black vehicle electrical harness sleeving or maybe black spiral wrap to cover my clear pipe. As usual the fleabay would suffice for either.

Scaley

Reaction score
That's an idea. The rigid was so that you could lay it close to the frame. The normal tube falls away with the weight of oil unless you tie it regularly.

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

bobh

Reaction score
I've had Loobman oilers on a couple of trail bikes and been very happy with them.

What oil do you use? I tried gear oil (DID's preferred oil), but it smells of tomcats, so settled on chainsaw oil, which I could buy quite cheaply in bulk, and doesn't fling as much as engine oil.

Scaley

Reaction score
I've started with gear oil as I had a couple of litres. Intention is to use chain saw oil. You're right about that gear oil though! Stinks the garage out.

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
This from the Tutoro oiler website...

"Avoid ... "EP" gearbox oils, Synthetic oils, Ester based oil, Polyglycol based oil, any oil containing additives such as Molybdenum Disulfide (Moly) or graphite."

Bad for the plastic parts apparently.