Marcusfordus's MT

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I'll post and add bits as soon as.

Handguards fitment 024.jpg021.jpg022.jpg023.jpg

All the parts fitted are from a 2013 BMW F700, you will need to either adapt your exisiting barend by turning it down on a lathe and tapping the end, or make a complete new inner grip section (my choice)

Last edited:

marcusfordus

Reaction score
More

Heated grips 001.jpg004.jpg006.jpg009.jpg

The grips are Oxford Adventures, and come with their standard mounting bracket which needs a twin bolt clamp on the clutch bracket. The MT doesn't have twin bolts meaning you need to find an alternative fitting and if you ever need to take the clutch lever bracket off, the grip and/or handlebar needs to come off depending upon wether you glued the grip on.

I've also dropped the loom on for my Autocom system whilst the tank is off.

Last edited:

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Fitting the Scottoiler

008.jpg006.jpg009.jpg010.jpg

Fake air ducts removed, front petrol tank trim removed,loosen the two bolts each side of tank, remove the two at the rear of the tank completly and pivot the tank forward. You need to pull off the quick release fuel pipe connector and the gauge plug, and the two rubber breather pipes. Now the tank bolts you loosened can come out altogether and lift the tank off.

The throttle body balancing pipes are blocked off that you need access to, for connection of the vac pipe to the Scottoiler, so the airbox has to come off completly. First remove all the dome head screws around it's edge, half lift it off and slide the ECU out of it's cubby hole. You now need to remove the three allen head base fixings, and slacken off the inlet rubber clamps onto the throttle bodies and lift the whole lot off. This gives you access to the blanked off pipes. Connect on the angled damper Scottoiler pipe and route the flexible to the side of the engine and back along the frame rail. Then re-install everything you just took off :D

Mounting the reservoir body is the easy part, you have two choices, ABS void is a good one (if you dont have ABS) or the easiest is the frame rail like mine, the seat side cheeks wont take the reservoir (I took them off to see if it's possible). The clear tubing now gets routed to the back sprocket, and the final outlet piece gets held in place by the stainless small holed adaptor from the kit which bolts to the back lower chainguard mount inside the swing arm.

2 hours with no instructions (it's not yet on the Scottoiler website).

Every bolt I took off has had a smear of Pro RG grease on it so it'll come apart easy after the bike has seen some weather.

Last edited:

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Rivits.

I thought everyone knew how these work !
The bodywork on the MT is held together in the main, by plastic two piece rivits. To remove them YOU DO NOT NEED TO PUSH THE INNER SECTION FULLY OUT.

It needs just 2mm pushing in and then the WHOLE body (both pieces) can be removed. I was showing a certain forum member this fact at the weekend !

Last edited:

marcusfordus

Reaction score
So that's the Scottoiler fitted and working,
the shortie levers fitted,
autocom wired in,
heated jacket/charging point wired,
heated grips fitted

I just need to machine those adaptors for the ends of the handguards and that's it for the 1st weekend.

and I've ridden the bike 9 miles, ha ha !

pipski99

Reaction score
I took my air intakes off to fit my Evotech mesh grilles and I accidentally pushed the middle all the way through on one of the clips and lost it for about 40 minutes.

Searched the garage floor for ages until it finally fell from the bike where it had been stuck all the time I had been searching.

Felt a right numpty.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I took my air intakes off to fit my Evotech mesh grilles and I accidentally pushed the middle all the way through on one of the clips and lost it for about 40 minutes.

Searched the garage floor for ages until it finally fell from the bike where it had been stuck all the time I had been searching.

Felt a right numpty.
After seeing what the original pieces are made from, I won't be spending money on replacements ! What it really could do with is some actual Ram-air tubing running past all the wiring hidden beneath the ducts and feeding the air intake. That big hole in the airbox lid is the inlet snorkel. It must be an asthmatic bike right now.

Twozup

Reaction score
Apologies up front for hijacking thread a bit-
I definitely see the benefits of these additions and modifications- look great guys and I'm seriously tempted to break out the Glasgow Hammer (screwdriver!!) this weekend but something inside my head telling me on a bike like this it's just going to be extra weight and be a bit power sapping thus maybe losing a little of what this bike all about?
Torn between two minds!! I do like the look of hand guards though haha I dare say ill cave in and start spending soon!!!
Excellent work though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Power sapping a Scottoiler isn't !

It's the opposite. Same goes for using a chainsaw without chain oil, you really notice when it's out of oil, it doesn't cut as well and uses more fuel. I've used chainsaw oil on the bike and Scottoil in the saw, all depends what bottle is to hand.

I get cold hands in summer so variable heat grips are a must for me, handguards stop them getting colder sooner.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
The bits were made and now the hand guards are fully fitted IMG_20140112_155228.jpg

IMG_20140112_161334.jpg

All that's needed now is a front fender extender !

Spot

Reaction score

Spot

Reaction score
Fitting the Scottoiler

Mounting the reservoir body is the easy part, you have two choices, ABS void is a good one (if you dont have ABS) or the easiest is the frame rail....
As I don't have the bike to mooch around yet... Where is the ABS void? Any chance of a pic? I've googled for it with no success. If you were to mount the reservoir in the void how easy would it be to get to, to refill? Is access good and does bodywork have to come off to get to it?
Sorry to be clueless, I really have absolutely no idea where it is. :D

Spot

Reaction score
As I don't have the bike to mooch around yet... Where is the ABS void? Any chance of a pic? I've googled for it with no success. If you were to mount the reservoir in the void how easy would it be to get to, to refill? Is access good and does bodywork have to come off to get to it?
Sorry to be clueless, I really have absolutely no idea where it is. :D
Is this the ABS void?
MY-09 reservoir location.jpg

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Sure looks like it on my small phone screen. I'm keeping mine just where it is as I can see how full it is, and the rear dropper fixing picture looks crap, the inner fixing has a bolt just where you want it. See my previous pictures of how I fixed it.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2