mt-09 crashed Kenny robberts

M

MT account

ouch, fork bottom, swing arm and wheel rim will sting a bit. i expect someone will dive in to pay silly money for it.

Cypher

Reaction score
Who had the Kenny Roberts one on this forum? I hope it's not him?

Mitch

Reaction score
There 2 I no of on hear and I do belive the milage is higher than that

Spot

Reaction score
Not me! :)

I'm all frame slider-ed up but have been wondering whether it was worth getting the axle sliders too. Having seen those pictures i'll be ordering them tonight!

JCL270

Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on crash protection? I've got the yam engine sliders and the m6 bolt in bobbins on the rear swing arm. Ordering the front axel sliders tonight. What does everyone run with?

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
Hope the rider is ok, you have to feel sorry
for the poor guy I would be gutted if that
was my bike

Spot

Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on crash protection? I've got the yam engine sliders and the m6 bolt in bobbins on the rear swing arm. Ordering the front axel sliders tonight. What does everyone run with?
Well currently i've just got Yamaha sliders for the bottom half and SW Motech for the top half.
A mate came off his R1 on a trackday and apart from a couple of minor scratches and knackered handlebars it came out of the crash unscathed. The crash bungs were totally fooked though so I guess they did their job!
Might be a different story on the road though where there are more obstacles to bounce off though :(

JCL270

Reaction score
Well if Murphy's law teaches us anything it's that if you protect it properly you probably won't need it but if you give it the tyre kick and 'she'll be alright' it's be down the road she goes!! Glad to hear he got away with it on his R1. Are the yam sliders not enough to protect the tank?

flydnb

Reaction score
To be honest i have no crash protection as thats why i have insurance , yes my premium would go up but probably not as much as if i spent out for full protection, i have excess protect too so if i crash i want it to cost more than the excess so i get it all back .

flydnb

Reaction score
It can get a bit silly as you buy the bike to ride it not crash it , i have bought some paddock bobbins on the swinging arm but thats for the stand and not for protection .

emptyoh9

Reaction score
I crashed mine on the right side with only the crash bobbins on the swing arm, it got bent up but saved it the swing arm from damage. SO well worth it in my opinion. I've since fitted front axle, bar end sliders and i'm saving up for engine protection (haven't decided what though i.e covers vs sliders etc etc)

I had minimal damage to my front fork, brake lever and mirror. Wrecked two engine covers and my pegs on my Gilles rear sets. wasn't happy but the only crash protection i had worked, However i feel it is rather expensive for what it is....I guess you have to make the choice of deciding is it worth it? If you asked the owner of this bike i wonder what he'd say...

Cypher

Reaction score
I lowsided mine back in November. Was coming out from a muddy road and off it went. Only scratched the right engine casings and the bar end.

I wouldn't worry about scratching the tank as the handlebar and the engine were the only two contact points with the road in my case. I slid pretty far so it wasn't just a drop & stop. Still remember sliding next to the bike and watching sparks coming from the handlebar. It sucked :D