New Aussie Member

ChickenStrips

Reaction score
G'day :)

Decided to join the MT-09 community to find out a bit of info :) Online reviews are a great way to show off the shiny bits, but forums are the only way to get amongst it.

My current ride is a 2008 Triumph Daytona, had her for just over 3 years. Feeling like a change is on the cards within the next 12-18 months or so, I'd like something a little more street friendly. Being quite keen to stay on a triple I had simply considered trading the Daytona for a Street Triple, until I saw a review of the MT-09. Hope nobody minds me dropping in over the next 12 months, I'm pretty keen to see what type of Mods are out there and keep an eye on the Technical section.

Just a bit of background info about myself. 25 years old. Male. Live on the east coast of Australia (Queensland). The Trumpy is my first sports bike, before that I had a Husaberg 650 in motard trim and a 250 Hyosung as starter. Mrs and I both enjoy drag racing... 'Bout it really...

Matt.

Attachments

stunva

Reaction score
An ST or MT will feel like an arm chair after the Daytona.

I rode the ST, MT and B3 MV and chose the MT, more power than the ST ... and my son beat me to the MV.

Coming off the Daytona the suspension threads will be of interest.

ChickenStrips

Reaction score
An ST or MT will feel like an arm chair after the Daytona.
Thats why I'm considering the change. The Daytona is a weapon, its capabilities more than out weigh my ability, but its lacks alot of comfort, as you'd expect. Swapping some performance for a bit more comfort is a fair trade imo.

Coming off the Daytona the suspension threads will be of interest.
That is something I will keep a close eye on :)

Last edited:

W8ENN

Reaction score
The seat on the MT lacks a lot of comfort also. Other than that the bike fits just fine. There are lots of aftermarket seats popping up now

psychoattractor

Reaction score
The seat on the MT09 is absolutely fine, I have no idea why people have a problem with it. Maybe it's down to the rider's weight?

Sent from Scott's iPhone using Tapatalk

ChickenStrips

Reaction score
The seat on the MT lacks a lot of comfort also. Other than that the bike fits just fine. There are lots of aftermarket seats popping up now
The seat on the MT09 is absolutely fine, I have no idea why people have a problem with it. Maybe it's down to the rider's weight?

Sent from Scott's iPhone using Tapatalk
Seats can be altered, a comfortable riding position is what I'm after.