New member / owner introduction

pipski99

Reaction score
Just to introduce myself, I'm Phil, 41, from England and have loved owning a 2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 Fazer 600 for the last 2 years, but not for much longer.

I visited 2 local Yamaha dealers (I know, lucky of me to have 2 dealers both within 10 miles of my home) and ended up part exchanging my 600 Fazer for a brand new MT-09 in race blu. I am picking up the new bike on Tuesday 26th at mid day and can't wait.

While looking at trading in my Fazer I have test ridden a couple of current Triumph triples, the tiger 800 and explorer 1200 and I would have been happy with either of those. Also tested the 2012 Kawasaki Z1000SX tourer and would have been happy with that, but 3 weeks ago I tested an MT-09 for 2 hours and I knew after the test ride that I had to own one so that I could enjoy that feeling again and again.

I have added a couple of, in my opinion, essential options to my bike, specifically the Yamaha fly screen, comfort seat and tank pad / protector. There will be an aftermarket rad guard soon enough and possibly an exhaust after I have put a few miles on it and got the engine running in phase over. We shall see.

dmb999

Reaction score
Congratulations Phil.
I was sorely tempted when I was in Padgetts a couple of weeks ago. They had a couple of race blus, a matt grey and a deep armour in the showroom. When I asked how fast they were shifting I was told that nothing sells this time of year. Considered changing my ABS order to get one there and then as I thought there could be a deal in the offing but thought it would just be sitting in the garage for 3 months as I'm more of a fair weather biker.
Will look out for you on the roads ...

pipski99

Reaction score
Thank you sir...
I don't think they're shifting that quickly as they still have the 2 race blu and one matt grey in the showroom but they told me they had just sold the last deep armour and they reckon there won't be any more available until around April. Clive Padgett told me he thought he could get hold of a deep armour and made some phone calls but came up with nothing. I bought the last race blu from Colin Appleyard I think and I have to say that's the colour I wanted anyway and they matched Padgetts p/x offer then also included free first service and a good discount on the fly screen and seat. Too good to pass up in my opinion.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Hi & welcome. I also replaced my FZ6 with the MT09 after the test ride! I got the matt grey, now fitted with screen, radiator covers & a r&g rad gaurd, also cotton reel bobbins for a paddock stand

Chris West

Reaction score
Welcome dude
Another Race Blu on the road, cool :)
Im hopefully gonna pickup some accessories at the bike show tomorrow :)
Defo need new (adjustable) levers and maybe some engine protectors

Stripy

Reaction score
Welcome, Pipski.
Looking forward to meet you out there somewhere one day - maybe at Squirres?

pipski99

Reaction score
There is every chance you'll see me at Squires. I used to go on my FZ6 and will certainly go on the MT-09 as soon as I can (work permitting). I picked it up today and stuck 40 miles on it to scrub up the tyres a bit. Very wet and greasy roads so "B" mode for the first 20 and standard for the second 20. Working nights now so the beast is sleeping.