Newbie from New Zealand

marfax

Reaction score
I have now had my MT-09 for a month and, although it is winter here, and I am not using it for commuting, I already have 2200km on the clock. Was looking to buy either a Triumph Thruxton or KTM 690 but the MT grabbed me from the moment I saw it and I then was able to take a demo ride and ordered mine the same day. Matt Grey was the only choice really. Fitted a G2 throttle tamer after all of the comments here and have found the power to be much more usable across the throttle range; talked to my dealer yesterday about getting the new ECU map done but will hold off until further reviews have been posted.
This is a return to motorcycling after some time away for me but I am loving every minute so far.
Great forum, keep up the good work.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome sir. Enjoy the forum. Join in as much or as little as u like and mine the wild duffers....!
They mite bite u lol ;)

stunva

Reaction score
NZ......it has to be motorcycle paradise, I've been there twice, both times without a bike and each time I've promised myself to return with one.
I'd like to see plenty of pics of your rides.

M

MT account

its also the place to stick your money. much better investment returns down there and no whinging fat biffers that keep flooding the bathroom, but i digress :) welcome mate.

PaulG

Reaction score
Hey Marfax.What dealer did you get the MT from?
I got mine from Yamaha Central (CycleTreads)

marfax

Reaction score
I got mine from Red Baron. They have been OK so far and the service department know about the remapping so will probably book it in to get that done soon. I had the factory fly screen fitted and also the Yamaha soft bags and frames (they even match the grey colour!). I must say the the Puig flyscreen looks the goods and that might be on my next option list.

boro

Reaction score
I got mine from Red Baron. They have been OK so far and the service department know about the remapping so will probably book it in to get that done soon. I had the factory fly screen fitted and also the Yamaha soft bags and frames (they even match the grey colour!). I must say the the Puig flyscreen looks the goods and that might be on my next option list.
Hi Marfax also got mine from RB in Auckland (racing Blu), was talking to YC but they mucked me around and didn't get back to me despite me chasing them several times. RB were right on the ball and very friendly.
Got mine booked in for the re flash and 10000KM service on Tue. They have asked that I be prepared for a 2 day turn around as they haven't done the flash yet, so I'll be on that old CB400 they have as a loan bike.
Going up the Northern on it should be fun with the loud can it has on it, plus its a bit small......Will post back when its done, I find the current throttle a bit to on/off for my liking and takes all my concentration so I don't actually like the back roads n A mode.

boro

Reaction score
HI

So got it back today and took the long way home, initial impression after 50km, WOW makes a good ride a great ride. No worrying about what the throttle is going to do, now just concentrate on the ride. It makes STD the one to always leave it in and B for rain and A for fast action (still some abruptness in A mode. Started on B mode through Auckland to the Motorway then tried STD and even for slow filtering it is so easy. Got off onto the back roads and STD was smooth and fun.
A mode was still fast and had a small amount of abruptness but 90% better than before and more manageable. The ride back in the dry was about the quickest and most fun I've had on the bike for a while as I didn't have to manage the throttle.
RB said it was the first they did and are keen to hear how it feels so will keep them info'd.
Honest opinion if you have ANY issues with the current throttle get it booked in you won't regret it...

marfax

Reaction score
Boro, that's great news. I have been checking out the reviews of the remap and have decided to go ahead and get it done after reading of your experience. Let's hope the rain stays away for a few more days then!