Ordered

Smurf

Reaction score
Well it is done, after a lot of thinking and deliberation I have ordered an MT-09 with ABS in Orange.

flydnb

Reaction score
orange ones are a bit faster than the other colours, ive ordered mine in orange with abs , did you get a date when they are arriving ?

Smurf

Reaction score
Around February but I have said March for the new Reg plate.

Stripy

Reaction score
orange ones are a bit faster than the other colours, ive ordered mine in orange with abs , did you get a date when they are arriving ?
Possibly, but I'm sure the RaceBlu is racier ;)
Never-the-less, we'll have more fun braking and sliding :p

marcusfordus

Reaction score
ABS is OK if you can switch it off on a bike, I cancelled my ABS order as there wasn't a switch to do such a thing on the MT !

Loose road surfaces and lightweight bikes with ABS are a bad combination, 240kg bikes and it works just fine. ABS feels what the wheel and brakes are doing, what it cant see is the 10m in front of you where you really, really need the brakes to be working.

bill

Reaction score
Haha Ordered just like you Orange ABS = without thinking though, just went for a test ride that was enough ........

Smurf

Reaction score
Ever since I ended up under a 1200 bandit when I lost the front I have had ABS on my bikes. My last 4 bikes have had it and although none were as light as the MT I wanted it again.

Even though i have been riding for many years I know that in most incidents that would require ABS it would brake better than me.

I had no trouble riding the ABS Street Triple with demo in poor weather for a few hours so the light bike/ABS combo will not have any issue for my riding style (Slow)