R and g tail tidy

Bonsor

Reaction score
Hi all has any one got an r and g tail tidy and if so is it any good , not sure to get the evotech or r and g, for the difference in price is it worth it?

Slappyhead

Reaction score
I've got one. I got it before I read all the good stuff about evotech. I'm pretty happy with it, very easy to fit, looks fine.

psychoattractor

Reaction score
I have one, easy to fit in about 30 min, but be aware that with all of these (short) tail tidys you WILL get a wet back in the rain. You also have to do a wee bit of diy as the rain water gets thrown up inside the underseat storage area. This was easily sorted with some spongy packaging stuff i had lying in my toolbox. Which i believe came from an ammo box from my army days.

And it's rained every day since i fitted it!

That is the price of looking good i'm afraid....

Bonsor

Reaction score
ok thanks for that , cant wait to get one on it < bugs me the big plate hanging right down on it

SlanGlad

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I've got a question. There's a little cap protecting the seat lock (under the seat). It seems to be "linked" to the stock tail.
My question is : can you put an aftermarket tail tidy (like the R&G for example) without removing this cap?

Slappyhead

Reaction score
The R&G one comes with a replacement cap to keep the crud out of the seat lock.

gazza

Reaction score
Hi all has any one got an r and g tail tidy and if so is it any good , not sure to get the evotech or r and g, for the difference in price is it worth it?
ive got r and g evetech is loads better my m8 has got it

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Yeh the evotec one also comes with a little rubber boot that fits over the seat lock barrel to protect it.
It is the most expensive tail tidy by far but if you ain't to sure about the looks of the standard tail light it is defo the one to go for.

Cheers daps:cool:

P.s wet arse though!!!!!

psychoattractor

Reaction score
I have one, easy to fit in about 30 min, but be aware that with all of these (short) tail tidys you WILL get a wet back in the rain. You also have to do a wee bit of diy as the rain water gets thrown up inside the underseat storage area. This was easily sorted with some spongy packaging stuff i had lying in my toolbox. Which i believe came from an ammo box from my army days.

And it's rained every day since i fitted it!

That is the price of looking good i'm afraid....
Okay, so i got sick of my ass, back, and neck getting wet and made a little something:

image-18-02-14-20-41.jpg

Works a treat, and can be easily removed when the weather improves!

image-18-02-14-21-01.jpg

Last edited:

Birdy

Reaction score
Psycho , you could have bought a duc tail off Pyramid ... but no you made your own ! We are indeed cut from the same cloth ... very tight cloth lol !