Six things nobody tells you about owning a motorcycle

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Found this article today. Pretty good and funny read.

Due to recent financial hardships, I had to trade in my beloved old truck. In its stead, I got myself a motorcycle. Fuel efficient, fun, low insurance -- all
great things. But in having a bike as my primary mode of transport, I've learned a lot of terrible things about motorcycles. Not just the fact that any given
ride can end with your organs flung across four lanes of traffic. Everyone knows
that. Things like:

Read more: @ Cracked.com

Xpress

Reaction score
Those six and lots more too!

I was in France once. Happily enjoying the long, clear, winding roads and the really long straights whilst having several up and down hills to combat too.
This one particular time, I was hitting somewhere around 80 MPH.. (something like that) and had just come round an upward bend when I scared the hell out of two crows sat at the side of the road.. They both took off right in front of me...

One poor crow didn't quite make it and hit me full in the chest!

Damn that hurt!

Killed it instantly. I was lucky to have not gotten winded or lose control of the bike for umpteen other reasons, but Isure did have to pull over and take five minutes to recover.
Was not an experience I would recommend.

I think one of the most important bits about becoming a motorcyclist that nobody tells you about is chain maintenance.. and how many chains and tyres you're gonna go through should you decide to ride your bike like a bat outta hell..
I fell foul of that on my very first bike when I was 16..
Rear sprocket looked fine, with its slightly curled over teeth, but I soon realised I was not getting the kind of response I'd normally get and had to have a look what the problem was..
An almost smooth front sprocket..
Heck, I didn't know.. but a lesson well learnt..
I'm sure many of you can add to this list as well.. like how do you gethome when your clutch or throttle cable has snapped?
I solved both of those problems once :)

yesovi91

Reaction score
I read this a while ago. A great read thanks for the laughs. :)