Tank removal?

RipGroove

Reaction score
Need to take my tank off at the weekend to fit my fuel controller, I have some instructions which seem straight forward but I'm assuming the fuel pump is inside the tank? So when I disconnect the fuel hose the tank shouldn't empty itself all over the floor no?

Sent from outer space

Schultzy

Reaction score
No it wont, but the pipe will have fuel still in it so make sure you have a rag handy or its going to spill a good amount.

sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

RipGroove

Reaction score
No it wont, but the pipe will have fuel still in it so make sure you have a rag handy or its going to spill a good amount.

sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk
Awesome :)

Sent from outer space

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Word of warning, when removing the front tank bolts, the tank will drop and scratch the frame, so put a rag over the frame incase you don't / can't get hold of it as you remove the bolts.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Word of warning, when removing the front tank bolts, the tank will drop and scratch the frame, so put a rag over the frame incase you don't / can't get hold of it as you remove the bolts.
Good tip thanks!

Sent from outer space

Schultzy

Reaction score
Its a weird design - effectively two bolts support the back of the tank so once they go it can just drop against the frame which is pretty average if you arent prepared.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We put a small clamp on the bottom of the fuel pipe and apart from a tiny dribble which we caught on a rag there was zero fuel spillage

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

RipGroove

Reaction score
We put a small clamp on the bottom of the fuel pipe and apart from a tiny dribble which we caught on a rag there was zero fuel spillage

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm
Sweet :)

Sent from outer space

sporti

Reaction score
...or place something over the subframe, leave the hose connected, spin the tank 180 degrees & it'll sit perfectly on the rear of the bike. You'll have to disconnect the electrics though.

The inner sides slot down over the plastics that have MT09 on them, that way there's one less thing to do.

When I pulled my ecu, this is the method I used.

RipGroove

Reaction score
...or place something over the subframe, leave the hose connected, spin the tank 180 degrees & it'll sit perfectly on the rear of the bike. You'll have to disconnect the electrics though.

The inner sides slot down over the plastics that have MT09 on them, that way there's one less thing to do.

Oh ok cool, will see if I can manage that then.

Sent from outer space

RipGroove

Reaction score

Actually thinking about it I need access to the battery and all so I'll be better off removing the tank completely.

Sent from outer space