tracer review

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I've been riden Tracer at my dealer's, didh't test rode it but i sat on it.
So, the driver's seat is about 3cm higher than 09's, wider and with more foam.
The passenger's seat has lots of foam but seems cheap in my eyes, meaning stiches and cheap material. Allthough the passenger's foot rests has longer arms so his/her feet will touch the footrests on more naturrally angles. Also, there are big passenger's handles. In conclusion its much more comfortable than 09 for sure.
When i rode it i remembered my previous V-Strom... its mass is about the same mainly cause of the bigger tank.
Handlebars seem to me same height as 09's but about 2cm wider each side.
Mudguards looking solid but without protection from wind/cold.
Most of all i was like the new swiches, which are much modern than 09's with (+,-) for TC !
On the other hand wheels, brakes, suspension, frame, engine, radiator etc. are same as 09's with the exception of the beautyfull "face" with led lights, witch seems to me half Fazer/half Super Tenere..
And the center stand is low but also provides some protection at the exhaust can..
Finally, Tracer's price (abs standard) is in Greece 9,990 euros + 120 euros for lisence/plate.
Wind-screen seems like copy of Tiger800XC.
Shape of digital instruments screen seems old fashioned IMO.
Here riders thought that is the Triumph Tiger's 1050 opponent.
P.S. Tiger 1050 is the most favourite and best seller "superbike" in Greece from 2010 till today.. ( in Crisis Seasson)
Hope this helps

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just been out on a Tracer today and thought it was absolutely superb.
Couldn't check out the handling as the roads were horribly greasey in North East England, however the engine as expected is brilliant with fantastic drive everywhere. Felt very planted and stable at high cruising speeds so should make an able tourer. The standard MT09 in comparison felt like it always does, an absolute hooligan of a machine, the Tracer is much more grown up but not too sensible. Bit of wind noise at higher speeds but the screen is easily and quickly adjustable so a bit of a play around with this might help. The heated grips which are integrated into the switch gear are brilliant although I am sure they will be at an extra cost.
Regards
Alan

KatanaAl

Reaction score
It's funny really because the motorcycle press slaughtered heated grips and digital gear indicators back in the early eighties.
I always fit heated grips to my bikes as it is just common sense to me, in cold weather the most important thing is to be able to feel the controls of the bike and you can't do that with frozen numb hands and fitting digital gear indicators to bikes with torquey engines is brilliant, I am always looking for another gear on my Super 10.

Phil

Reaction score
er Review.. 3 months

Hi Everybody,

Just registered on this site, because I believe owner forums are great...

Due to various reasons I decided to sell my beloved Suzuki Hayabusa after ten years of ownership.. I needed a bike that was practical, comfy to ride, enough power, and able to undertake all types of riding including European tours.. In a nutshell a do everything bike!!!

I researched the Tracer more than any other bike I have owned before, u tube, the motorcycle press etc... I was very impressed and still am!!

My Tracer has all the goodies fitted including heated grips, engine protectors, radiator protector, rack and panniers.. It is fantastic to ride, in all road situations and conditions.. No bike is perfect, but for the price, its bloody fantastic!!

Keep rubber side down!!

Phil: