Best Seat?

M

MT account

i got mine leveled off so no sliding up the saddle and a small lip added to the pillion so she doesnt do the same.....while avoiding it looking like an arm chair.20150326_210536_LLS.jpg
the street rally seat must have gel in it because your ass heats up and gets sweatty even on a cold day........not nice really...

BUZZ

Reaction score
Guys and Gals..just before you splash out try just Softening off the rear shock by a click or three if solo or light with two up!
It's pretty hard as standard and it made a world of difference for me...just a thought!
Don't do more than you need as it will bugger up your high speed handling...:cool:

Cobweb

Reaction score
If any of you want to buy a Top Sellerie seat then pm me because I have one that I don't need anymore as I've chopped in my MT09 for a Tracer. (hope I've done the right thing)

The Top Sellerie seat is now sold....sorry guys.

Last edited:

MTom

Reaction score
If any of you want to buy a Top Sellerie seat then pm me because I have one that I don't need anymore as I've chopped in my MT09 for a Tracer. (hope I've done the right thing)
From Alf Englands?

Cobweb

Reaction score
No not Alf England's, I went to Tamworth Yamaha, best Yam dealer around this area.

Ah yes, the not so comfortable comfort seat. I bought one and they do get a little better once you put some miles on them but they are definitely not worth the money and hardly any better than the standard seat.

bram-bram

Reaction score
I ordered a SHAD seat, got it for 279.90 EUR, shipping to Sweden included. I should received it these days. Will post a review shortly.

bram-bram

Reaction score
I ordered a SHAD seat, got it for 279.90 EUR, shipping to Sweden included. I should received it these days. Will post a review shortly.
Here are some pictures to see how it compares to the stock:

IMG_20150615_150841.jpg IMG_20150615_150903.jpg IMG_20150615_150934.jpg IMG_20150615_151006.jpg

I haven't rode much, but so far I can tell you that the overall shape does not feel different than the stock one. It is softer, so it doesn't let your ass slide as easily as the stock one. My ass is rather skinny and first thing I noticed when I sat on this seat was the fact that my butt cheek bones no longer press against a hard surface, so I am positive that this would allow for much longer rides.

KJCOX

Reaction score
I've had the SHAD seat for a few months now and it is far superior to the original. Have only done some 50 to 100km rides on it on the highway but don't get any discomfort where the original was wanting me to stop after about 60-70km of cruising. Going on a +300km ride in early September which will really test out it's overall comfort. So far very satisfied, even considering the $450 AUD price tag.

Tanky

Reaction score
Shad Seat

I have fitted my shad seat and what a difference ?. I went down the road of having the original seat altered but it was still very painful to ride. I ride London to Brighton everyday and now it's a pleasure.

bram-bram

Reaction score
Since I bought this I no longer remember how a numb ass feels like :D I had a 6 hours ride yesterday, no repercussions on my butt.