Best Seat?

Flobalob

Reaction score
Ive just ordered the Yamaha comfort seat. I can do about 175 miles on the normal seat wearing textile trousers but struggle doing 20 in my armoured jeans! (nuts on tank job)

Ive heard the comfort seat isnt massively better than the original but couldnt make my mind up on a true after market one. Im riding to Luxembourg from the midlands at the end of the month so i hope it does the job. (well the half dozen fuel stops will help :D )
I have the factory gel seat its bleeding hard even after 1400 miles?

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
I'm going to Saddle Craft in South Shields tomorrow, bro in law tried a Tracey seat they gelled and was well impressed

MTom

Reaction score
ive done 3000 miles on my comfort seat now and it aint too bad. I think my bum may have moulded rather than the seat though

Kinjane

Reaction score
I suffered an unfortunate viral attack recently and went into temporary Ketosis. I ended up losing almost 4Kg which I've failed to put back on and am pretty sure most of what was lost came from my backside. The first time I rode the '09 after recovery I discovered the SR seat had gone from great to cr&p. So am back to square one again wondering if whatever I get will be a waste of money or exactly what I'm searching for.
It's a shame someone somewhere doesn't rent out different aftermarket seats on a try before you buy (a new one) basis.

Chaz

Reaction score
I suffered an unfortunate viral attack recently and went into temporary Ketosis. I ended up losing almost 4Kg which I've failed to put back on and am pretty sure most of what was lost came from my backside. The first time I rode the '09 after recovery I discovered the SR seat had gone from great to cr&p. So am back to square one again wondering if whatever I get will be a waste of money or exactly what I'm searching for.
It's a shame someone somewhere doesn't rent out different aftermarket seats on a try before you buy (a new one) basis.
Where are you based? If you are anywhere near me, happy for you to look at the Corbin.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Yes, custom is probably the best way to go. Is yours one of the 3 MTs on the web site?

RatHead

Reaction score
I have a custom one for sale, if you are anywhere near Leeds you can try it to see if it works for you. It cured the problem for me. I am only selling as I no longer have the MT,

Last edited:

Kinjane

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind offer, but after 200 miles on what I have will probably leave me without enough feeling to try out what you've got.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Mine? Dont think so, which are you referring to?

Are you close to me?

No, that reply was in connection to the motorcycle shop in Sussex [post] that does custom seat work (since removed). There's 3 examples shown for the MT09. Confusion down to me I guess for not quoting... and I'm 120 miles from yourself

Chaz

Reaction score
No, that reply was in connection to the motorcycle shop in Sussex [post] that does custom seat work (since removed). There's 3 examples shown for the MT09. Confusion down to me I guess for not quoting... and I'm 120 miles from yourself
Ye, no quoting sucks ;p

No problem. Still welcome to come look if you want a day out or whatever.

Treble

Reaction score
Shad seat received,mounted and tested.
Just came back from testing now,did a couple of hours in the pissing rain.
Anyway, it is about 11553 times better than the stock seat.
Even the suspension feels better.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
whilst up in Newcastle I had a gel insert put in my seat at Saddle Craft, they make their own inserts, tested it Monday and it's so comfortable, did about 200 miles with no pain...
only thing is, cos I'm a short arse I sit really far forward on the seat, so my arse if fine but my balls are on the OEM foam... my fault for not marking it out properly
AND, unlike some I've seen, you can't see the join where the gel meets the foam

Saddle Craft -- Motorcycle Seat Gel Pads

jezthomas

Reaction score
I've had the SHAD seat for a few months now and it is far superior to the original. Have only done some 50 to 100km rides on it on the highway but don't get any discomfort where the original was wanting me to stop after about 60-70km of cruising. Going on a +300km ride in early September which will really test out it's overall comfort. So far very satisfied, even considering the $450 AUD price tag.
Where did you order it from in Oz?