Best Seat?

KJCOX

Reaction score
BYSCOOT was the French seller I used. He was excellent to deal with, had no issues with the international nature of the purchase. Search Shad MT09 on ebay and you'll find him.

KJCOX

Reaction score
Just as an update on the SHAD seat. I had a few days ride Mid September where we were riding around the 500km mark each day. My impressions of the seat were that I didn't even notice it. At no time during the travelling did I ever get off the bike thinking I was glad to stretch the legs and give the backside a rest. I think the fact that it turned the seat comfort into a non issue speaks volumes as to how well it performed.

jezthomas

Reaction score
BYSCOOT was the French seller I used. He was excellent to deal with, had no issues with the international nature of the purchase. Search Shad MT09 on ebay and you'll find him.
Music to my ear/arse! Thanks mate, yep i found those Frogs on ebay and ordered one yesterday. All the best now.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Try Tony Archer near Leeds I think google him I am sure he will turn up. I have no experience with his work but have heard nothing but rave reviews .
Or try this for a cheap fix, Watch out for Lidl or Aldi when they are doing cycling gear. I wear a pair of Creivit cycling shorts they have a Gel insert on the seat or even when they do the winter cycling gear I have the thermals and the trousers also have the Gel pad insert, about £15.00 works for me, at least on my previous FZ1 not sure about the MT-09 though.

jezthomas

Reaction score
Music to my ear/arse! Thanks mate, yep i found those Frogs on ebay and ordered one yesterday. All the best now.
My Shad seat arrived in about a week to Sydney from these French guys on ebay. The seat has had a few longish outings and it's fantastic; I just don't get any aches or pains any more. The extra material, density, and height at the top, tank end of the seat means you're more upright and so you aren't heading frontways downhill all of the time and squashing your crown jewels, collecting your jeans, and putting lots of pressure on your tubes.
I also sit slightly more upright because of the levelling off of the front of the seat. The quality is great, and it looks high quality too; the original seat is a bit of a slab of plastic I found and doesn't do the looks much good overall.
The only thing I don't like about the seat is I thought it was a bit cheeky asking people to remove the rubber bungs, and metal hooks, washers and nuts from the original seat, and putting them on the Shad seat, rather than it coming with its own set. It's not a big job but it renders the original seat unsellable.