Maxton prices

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Picked this little beauty up today from Maxton. More pictures and the results when I get home and fit it at the weekend. Talking to Richard at Maxton this morning he is convinced it will make a huge difference, I will report back,image.jpg

flydnb

Reaction score
Picked this little beauty up today from Maxton. More pictures and the results when I get home and fit it at the weekend. Talking to Richard at Maxton this morning he is convinced it will make a huge difference, I will report back,View attachment 624
anything for forks too ? and if you don't mind me asking how much for the shock ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Picked this little beauty up today from Maxton. More pictures and the results when I get home and fit it at the weekend. Talking to Richard at Maxton this morning he is convinced it will make a huge difference, I will report back,View attachment 624
A huge difference how???
Call me Mr picky but unless ur doing a lot of track days....I really don't see how this is even worth it?? I bet I cud still keep up with u with my stock suspension

tox

Reaction score
Triple Trouble. Tut tut. Ive riden bikes for over 30 years. Raced alot of them, could easily blow you away, but. I think you fail to see. You may weigh in at a measly 70kg someone else might be 90kg. And not everyone rides the same style. What may suit you will not suit everyone. And if you can afford to upgrade, why not. Bet your bike has a few bits on it.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Triple Trouble. Tut tut. Ive riden bikes for over 30 years. Raced alot of them, could easily blow you away, but. I think you fail to see. You may weigh in at a measly 70kg someone else might be 90kg. And not everyone rides the same style. What may suit you will not suit everyone. And if you can afford to upgrade, why not. Bet your bike has a few bits on it.
A measly 70kgs??? R u takin the piss??? The last time I weighed 70kgs I was boxing for queen and country...lol

trevorleigh

Reaction score
The problem with the stock suspension is that (for me @ 15stone) the spring is to soft, and also there is not enough rebound damping.
Whereas Yamaha build the stock for an average rider, and probably use the cheapest they can find to keep the bike price down, the Maxton is bespoke to each individual riders weight and bike use. I found with the oe unit when I sat on the bike there was too much sag, which lowers the rear of the bike and in turn caused it to to weave in medium to high speed cornering.
Also on the Maxton unit you can set bump and rebound damping separately, along with ride height and pre-load.
I am sure some people will be more than happy with the original unit, but I work with performance car suspension as my job, so I guess notice it more than other people.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Fitted the new rear shock this morning, and been out the rest of the day riding, did not want to stop. Not sure why Yamaha cannot get the suspension right from the factory, but now my is so much better, it does no sag so much when you sit on it, which means it keeps more of the weight on the front wheel which in turn gives a better feel. The back is defiantly now firmer, but it still soaks up the bumps nicely. I just want to get the front done ASAP now

flydnb

Reaction score
Fitted the new rear shock this morning, and been out the rest of the day riding, did not want to stop. Not sure why Yamaha cannot get the suspension right from the factory, but now my is so much better, it does no sag so much when you sit on it, which means it keeps more of the weight on the front wheel which in turn gives a better feel. The back is defiantly now firmer, but it still soaks up the bumps nicely. I just want to get the front done ASAP now
excellent trevor, how much is it for the front ? also do they do other coloured springs ?

Mitch

Reaction score
Nice to know currently is talk with maxton to get a rear done and after today am defo going for it after blasting round the peaks had a few moments were the back felt like it bottomed out and then nearly sent me over the front . Had a little play with it ajusting all round not really to help to much shame really

trevorleigh

Reaction score
The front cartridges are £340 plus VAT, for the pair, that then gives you damping in both legs. As I am sure you know we have spring in both front legs, but damping only in the right leg. It you want Maxton can also fit the cartridges into the legs for you with new seals etc, which I think is about £100 or so extra.

It will definatly be my next mod, then the Akra ;)

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Mitch that was my problem too, I was on full pre-load and full rebound damping on the oe rear shock, and it was still not enough to control it as good as I wanted.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hummm think I mite have to google them. Although I quite like the set up I've got with the stock suspension, I do love to mod lol

Mitch

Reaction score
There pritty local to be so hopefully rear suspension befor summer and front during

STROTCH

Reaction score
Maxton Rear

Hi Trevor,

Do you feel the rear shock has addressed most of the handling issues, or do you really feel like you need the front as well? If you get the front done soon, be sure to let us know what made the biggest difference as many folk may not be able to afford front and rear. Nice work, cheers.