which helmet .

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I looked at the NXR a couple of weeks back. Incredible weight reduction, what I didn't like was the looseness of vents on a unused helmet and the loss of the internal sun visor over my old Schuberth.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

flydnb

Reaction score
im not worried about the internal sun visor to be honest, its more about looking cool, no only kidding the internal visor doesn't bother me but I tried an nxr on and it was very comfortable and seemed a great fit.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The shark is super noisy. (Tried it when we first got it in the shop)! Shoei helmets r one if the best for cutting out noise (obviously IMO lol)...!

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Cypher

Reaction score
Shoei all the way for me, personally. However, once this gets old I'll be trying a Schuberth. My Qwest is nice and light with a good periferal vision and a pinlock insert. However, I have two pinlocks - transparent and tinted - and they both eventually started seeping moisture through at the bottom and I'm a bit disappointed. Not sure if Schuberth's even have pinlocks but I'll be looking into it more when the time comes.

Birdy

Reaction score
Tuozo from M&P s.....not. 35 quid , super plasticky... mega NOISY...but hey, got a £10 head, get a £10 helmet !:eek:

M

MT account

the white shark looks funky, maybe stick some dyson hoses round the nose bit n look like a storm trooper.....

flydnb

Reaction score
Triple that shark isnt out yet its not the raw or vantime.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
As i'm looking to buy new helmet too, i tried the Japanese Shoei NXR in matt-grey which has same color as my bike.
It was the most comfortable helmet i've wear but without sun visor, nice fit and the lightest of all (1200 gr). It's price is 352 euros (for me).
The second helmet i tried and like it was the Korean HJC RA (in shiny black color), very comfortable (la bit less than NXR) no sun visor but extra black visor included for free, very easy and quick in change. I find it at 300 euros (for me).
The third it was the French SHARK SPEED R, that HAS flip-up sun visor, agressive (combat) look, the 3rd better fit on my head (medium size), a little bit heavier at 250 euros (for me).
The fourth helmet i tried was the Italian AGV Horizon, that has also sun visor, not to heavy, at 260 euros (for me) but had the worst fit on my head.
Also i tried the SHOEI GT-R but is too short for my chin.
So now i'm collecting money to buy the NXR next month..but the HJC RA and the SHARK SPEED R are still great helmets for naked bikes.

M

MT account

its a raw.....with a jaw........:)

............and probably just a feckin noisey!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got the Shark Speed-R Sauer red/white/blue.... not too bad but noisy. Good for a quick blast about

Also got the Shoei GT-AIR in Matt Black. Awesome helmet... quiet, snug fit, very light and the good thing about shoei is that if you give back the old cheek pads etc u can get new ones for free...I change my innards every six months and its like having a new helmet every time lol

Twozup

Reaction score
I know some of you guys don't like earplugs - I was the same years ago but now I can't go without them. Make any helmet quiet! I sometimes wear a cheapo moto x helmet which has very little padding around the luggies but pretty silent with my foam earplugs in. So choosing a lid on its quietness is low down on my list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I know some of you guys don't like earplugs - I was the same years ago but now I can't go without them. Make any helmet quiet! I sometimes wear a cheapo moto x helmet which has very little padding around the luggies but pretty silent with my foam earplugs in. So choosing a lid on its quietness is low down on my list

Earplugs and a C3 Pro means I hear my blood being pumped, it's that quiet.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong... it's not just the quietness I bought it for...
It's one of the safest helmets on the market...u can't put a price on ur head can u?