which helmet .

Rekt

Reaction score
I've got the Shark Speed-R Sauer red/white/blue.... not too bad but noisy. Good for a quick blast about

Also got the Shoei GT-AIR in Matt Black. Awesome helmet... quiet, snug fit, very light and the good thing about shoei is that if you give back the old cheek pads etc u can get new ones for free...I change my innards every six months and its like having a new helmet every time lol

Hey TT,

I also have the GT-Air, do all dealerships that stock shoei replace the innards for free? world wide? Had no idea about this.. Would be amazing if true.
For the GT-Air users on this forum, they have finally released tinted visors for our helmets.
As I live in Perth our summers are long. Most of my riding is during daytime so as much as the internal sun visor works, I have been waiting patiently for tinted visors.

Shoei GT-Air Dark Tint Helmet Visors

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey TT,

I also have the GT-Air, do all dealerships that stock shoei replace the innards for free? world wide? Had no idea about this.. Would be amazing if true.
For the GT-Air users on this forum, they have finally released tinted visors for our helmets.
As I live in Perth our summers are long. Most of my riding is during daytime so as much as the internal sun visor works, I have been waiting patiently for tinted visors.

Hey Rekt. I believe they do. I will confirm in a few hours when I speak to shoei. I have had the tinted visor a couple of months now. It's more of a greeny tint than black but it's good. Will post a pic of wot it looks like on my helmet when I finish work. I believe they're quite pricey tho. £80 over here I think.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Rekt

Reaction score
Hey Rekt. I believe they do. I will confirm in a few hours when I speak to shoei. I have had the tinted visor a couple of months now. It's more of a greeny tint than black but it's good. Will post a pic of wot it looks like on my helmet when I finish work. I believe they're quite pricey tho. £80 over here I think.

Would love to see some photo's. Still unsure if I'll go straight black tint or silver/blue spectra.
Any other location's to get these visors a the above site is all I can find?
Thanks TT

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would love to see some photo's. Still unsure if I'll go straight black tint or silver/blue spectra.
Thanks TT
I can get u one a lot cheeper and we have them in stock now I think. Can get u a price in less than an hour.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks TT
They retail at £70 but to u £51.50...+p&p

Rekt

Reaction score
They retail at £70 but to u £51.50...+p&p

You're the man! Ill send you a PM.
I think it would be great if you could post some images when you have time. I cannot find a single GT-air visor pic installed online.
Cheers TT!!!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're the man! Ill send you a PM.
I think it would be great if you could post some images when you have time. I cannot find a single GT-air visor pic installed online.
Cheers TT!!!
As soon as I finish work and get back to the helmet I will take some pics for u mate

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey TT,

I can confirm that if they are a recognized shoei supplier or dealer and u bought the helmet from them (not off the web)! then they are duty bound to replace all padding including chin curtain "for free"! as long as you give them ur old padding in exchange...(Don't hand it over till you have the new pads and they shud fit it all for u as well)!

Many don't advertise the fact that u can do this 'coz they don't make any cash out of it... they wud much rather not tell u so u end up buying new from them...

Rekt

Reaction score
I can confirm that if they are a recognized shoei supplier or dealer and u bought the helmet from them (not off the web)! then they are duty bound to replace all padding including chin curtain "for free"! as long as you give them ur old padding in exchange...(Don't hand it over till you have the new pads and they shud fit it all for u as well)!

Many don't advertise the fact that u can do this 'coz they don't make any cash out of it... they wud much rather not tell u so u end up buying new from them...
TT I can't thank you enough! My gt air has the red stripe. I wanted the white but they didn't have stock.

The black visor looks better than I could have imagined.
And I will be going to get a full new internals for my helmet tomorrow. You have made my week.

Now to decide what tint to get first..