which helmet .

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TT I can't thank you enough! My gt air has the red stripe. I wanted the white but they didn't have stock.

The black visor looks better than I could have imagined.
And I will be going to get a full new internals for my helmet tomorrow. You have made my week.

Now to decide what tint to get first..
Ur very welcome...
There is only this colour tint...shoei say that they are not doing anything else as there's already a drop-down visor in the helmet and they don't want people using them both at the same time... I can see their point... it wud put u in total darkness in the middle of the day haha.

mirdif64

Reaction score
Shoei-GT-Air-Brilliant-Yellow_390_4EGTG.jpg

Didn't have matt when I bought mine. Wonder if they would do a trade on a yellow one lol

Rekt

Reaction score
So I have just spoken with the Australian Distributor and they are denying this "policy" of replacing the padding for free at any registered dealer of Shoei. He said he has never heard of this at all..
He also asked if i have seen it this policy mentioned anywhere else on the shoei website etc..
Was pretty amped to have all the padding replaced :(

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I have just spoken with the Australian Distributor and they are denying this "policy" of replacing the padding for free at any registered dealer of Shoei. He said he has never heard of this at all..
He also asked if i have seen it this policy mentioned anywhere else on the shoei website etc..
Was pretty amped to have all the padding replaced :(
I will try and get official confirmation from shoei today so u can send/show it to ur dealership.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Credry

Reaction score
Hey Rekt

I'm in Perth too and looking at getting this lid, where did you get it from my local doesn't stock them, and how much if you don't mind?
Hey TT,

I also have the GT-Air, do all dealerships that stock shoei replace the innards for free? world wide? Had no idea about this.. Would be amazing if true.
For the GT-Air users on this forum, they have finally released tinted visors for our helmets.
As I live in Perth our summers are long. Most of my riding is during daytime so as much as the internal sun visor works, I have been waiting patiently for tinted visors.

Shoei GT-Air Dark Tint Helmet Visors

Rekt

Reaction score
Hey Rekt

I'm in Perth too and looking at getting this lid, where did you get it from my local doesn't stock them, and how much if you don't mind?
Hi credry,

I purchased this from causeway Yamaha for $803. They tried to tell me in store that was the online price only... I said OK I'll call you from my mobile phone and place the order on my card if you prefer...
He accepted my card and price. Perhaps this is why I got my bike from Five Star Yamaha, who also sell Shoei.
Shoei GT Air Helmets - Shoei Helmets - Helmets - Street - Product Catalogue - Causeway Yamaha
Cully's Yamaha also stock this, may be worth seeing who can do the best price.

A few things to consider though, if the majority of your riding is in daylight consider a internal visor-less Shoei model. The visor is great don't get me wrong, I just always wanted a full tinted visor helmet as I ride mainly daytime.
I've owned this helmet now for 8 months without a full tinted visor, I love it but the visors are difficult to get unless from TT as I will definitely be doing.

Also consider all Shoei helmets are made in Japan in the same factory. Purchasing this online is around $200+ cheaper. The only difference is the sticker for Australian standards. Absolute bullsh**. ( Maybe see what TT can do for you? )

If the dealerships must replace the internals at your request free of charge as TT mentioned then it's worth the extra $200 to have that service. If not I would buy online. You could always email Shoei Australia with a photo of my helmet with the sticker on and say you cleaned it and threw the sticker away and request a replacement :rolleyes:.
And tell the same story to the Po.

My next helmet will be this.
Arai XD-4 Diamante Helmet - RevZilla
And purchased online.

Last edited:

Credry

Reaction score
Cheers bud

I commute to work at 5:45am so the idea of the internal visor sounds awesome to me, summer is ok, can use the tinted morning and night but now it's clear with sunnies on the way home or swapping visors at work....

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep an eye on how you go with the internals bvefore i make a call.

Hi credry,

I purchased this from causeway Yamaha for $803. They tried to tell me in store that was the online price only... I said OK I'll call you from my mobile phone and place the order on my card if you prefer...
He accepted my card and price. Perhaps this is why I got my bike from Five Star Yamaha, who also sell Shoei.
Shoei GT Air Helmets - Shoei Helmets - Helmets - Street - Product Catalogue - Causeway Yamaha
Cully's Yamaha also stock this, may be worth seeing who can do the best price.

A few things to consider though, if the majority of your riding is in daylight consider a internal visor-less Shoei model. The visor is great don't get me wrong, I just always wanted a full tinted visor helmet as I ride mainly daytime.
I've owned this helmet now for 8 months without a full tinted visor, I love it but the visors are difficult to get unless from TT as I will definitely be doing.

Also consider all Shoei helmets are made in Japan in the same factory. Purchasing this online is around $200+ cheaper. The only difference is the sticker for Australian standards. Absolute bullsh**. ( Maybe see what TT can do for you? )

If the dealerships must replace the internals at your request free of charge as TT mentioned then it's worth the extra $200 to have that service. If not I would buy online. You could always email Shoei Australia with a photo of my helmet with the sticker on and say you cleaned it and threw the sticker away and request a replacement :rolleyes:.
And tell the same story to the Po.

My next helmet will be this.
Arai XD-4 Diamante Helmet - RevZilla
And purchased online.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
This would be awesome for the street rally !! Im thinking of getting the matte black one. looks pretty mean with the peak removed.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
really!!! The Sharks Explore-r ? I am liking it (if it comes with visor and goggles) but need to try one on somewhere. Cant find them in XL anywhere but Germany!
That's correct. Yes it comes with visor and also goggles. Can get u a price for an XL no probs...!

flydnb

Reaction score
How much can you get a vancore for triple size L just as a nip to the beach lid .

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No probs. They haven't been released yet but I will let u know a price as soon as I kmow