*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

fizzy

Reaction score
Cheers fizzy will you let me know so I can arrange
to have mine done
No problem mate PM me with your mobile and email address and when I know Simon is coming up I will let you know
He will be doing one for a mate of mine and tweaking mine and Dave Coates

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem mate PM me with your mobile and email address and when I know Simon is coming up I will let you know
More tweaking lol. It's gonna need to run on rocket fuel soon pmsl ;)

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
Hi Fizzy I have pm details thanks

fizzy

Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't talk to you this morning but our full English had just turned up just got back home I'll bell you later if that's ok mate

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't talk to you this morning but our full English had just turned up just got back home I'll bell you later if that's ok mate
That's ok bud. Been busy as chug with the kids all day. Took them up to the training school to see one if my mates practicing his stunting. No it wasn't coatsy lol.
Can bell u tomorrow afternoon if that's ok?

fizzy

Reaction score
That's ok bud. Been busy as chug with the kids all day. Took them up to the training school to see one if my mates practicing his stunting. No it wasn't coatsy lol.
Can bell u tomorrow afternoon if that's ok?
Anytime after 4.30 will fine mate

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so here we go....initial review time...

Simon flashed my ecu for me today and also loaded my PCV map straight onto the ecu thus making the PCV obsolete...(Very clever)!

I took the bike for a blast and instantly felt the difference...

1: super smooth throttle delivery, roll on and off and back on again at low speeds in 1 and 2 gear is so slick and smooth I had to check it was definitely in A mode...

2: it now starts up in A mode by default all the time. *optional*

3: engine breaking is now off...(more wheelies and smoother throttle)! *optional*

4: clean air system is turned off so reduced popping/banging on the roll off. *optional*

5: reduced the fan setting to 91ºc--96ºc *optional*

6: removed 5th and 6th gear restrictor so will now go flat out (went 175mph on the clocks, on the dyno)! *optional*

The wheel now comes up even more easier (if that's even possible lol)! than it did before and the bike is generally more responsive. The fuelling is absolutely spot on and I cudnt catch it out at all...I even put it in 6th gear and sat at 35mph for a while then whacked the throttle wide open to 100% and it just picked up the pace in an instant, within seconds I was tonking along at mach 3.

It's the "lads Wednesday night ride-out" tomorrow so I will put the bike through more testing and see how it fairs compared to "pre-flash" with regards to the mpg etc...

Closing note.....;)

simon your a frickin genius...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The ride into work this morning was epic. It was a smooth ride before the flash and now it's as smooth as glass. Wot a bike....!

Locksmith

Reaction score
Bugger, I'd convinced myself to get the yammie flash, now I want Simons again. When's he in Kent, any ideas?

Edit:

Just re-read, what do you mean by he loaded the PCV maps as well. How does that work?

Last edited:

My Toy

Reaction score
You going to be dynoing it TT?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bugger, I'd convinced myself to get the yammie flash, now I want Simons again. When's he in Kent, any ideas?

Edit:

Just re-read, what do you mean by he loaded the PCV maps as well. How does that work?
Slight change in plans as to the way this can be done. Either send ur ECU to us or take a ride over here as it all has to be done in house.
Wot I meant by the PCV map was this.... Simon plugged into my PCV and copied the map directly onto the laptop then he flashed my ECU and transferred the PCV map straight onto the ECU making the PCV obsolete

Locksmith

Reaction score
I'm old and confused :)

So you have a different map to what we would get as standard from Simon?