1 hour to upload 30 secs..... really???

T

THAIGATE14

still fighting this youtube brolax........1 full hour to upload a 30 sec. clip? there has to be a better way so could someone offer a solution please.....[video=youtube;TOVlZIWIBnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVlZIWIBnE[/video]

boro

Reaction score
still fighting this youtube brolax........1 full hour to upload a 30 sec. clip? there has to be a better way so could someone offer a solution please.....[video=youtube;TOVlZIWIBnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVlZIWIBnE[/video]

Try not to upload at 1080p, stick to 720p at most. Average upload speeds on ADSL are very low compared to download speeds ratio of 12:1 are not uncommon.
So the smaller resolution will make the resulting file smaller and hence quicker to upload. You could also look at several programs that have specific preset video outputs for Youtube, as video resolution is one of a number of variables that affect output file size. If you have used the gopro the gopro studio has a youtube preset for you to use.

T

THAIGATE14

Try not to upload at 1080p, stick to 720p at most. Average upload speeds on ADSL are very low compared to download speeds ratio of 12:1 are not uncommon.
So the smaller resolution will make the resulting file smaller and hence quicker to upload. You could also look at several programs that have specific preset video outputs for Youtube, as video resolution is one of a number of variables that affect output file size. If you have used the gopro the gopro studio has a youtube preset for you to use.
uuhhhhhh? i think i got most of that so thanks for the advice, ill try some new ways when im back home with nowt to do....:)

boro

Reaction score
uuhhhhhh? i think i got most of that so thanks for the advice, ill try some new ways when im back home with nowt to do....:)

Let me know what program you are using to "make" the video clip and I'll see if I can help. I've used most of them over the years in my tinkering..

MadGelo

Reaction score
im no expert, but you probably need to compress it, try virtualdub or something

T

THAIGATE14

Let me know what program you are using to "make" the video clip and I'll see if I can help. I've used most of them over the years in my tinkering..
oh i know that bit, i stick it on my laptop and then push the upload button on youtube.........then i go off and grow a full taliban beard while waiting for a 1 min clip to upload.