2 months and a Thousand miles later

Bon

Reaction score
So here I am. 2 months and 1K miles into MT09 ownership.
Initial feeling of the first 250 in B mode to get used to it. Since then Std mode except when it rained and then back to B mode.
Things ive noticed initially.
Standard suspension settings poor at best. Rear ok over single bumps ok but hit more than 1 and she pogoes like a Tigger on speed. Front dived like a 10 dollar whore on the brakes.
Fueling/Ignition programming not good. Very jerky in Std mode and worse in A mode..
Don't have much confidence in front tyre grip.

Since then ive hardened up both ends suspension almost to the max and its a vast improvement but still needs professional sorting for me.
Now have a lot more trust in the front tyre grip on lean.
Fuel economy seems to be an indicated 55 - 60mpg but I still keep it topped up as soon as it goes to 1 - 2 bars showing.
Std fuel is fine but have filled up with Super a couple of times but don't really notice much difference. [unlike my old Thundercat which preferred super for best engine response]

Engine is bloody awesome on acceleration. Bit rattly on warm up but soon quietens down.

Im not a wheelie puller by nature but its come up a couple of times fast pulling away and nailing it.

Things to do are first of all, get the suspension tweaked.
New fork oil for definite and see where it goes from there. Possible new road shock if needed.

After that I really need to get the jerkiness sorted either with a fuelling module or a Reflash. Ill look further into that when required.

Ive altered my riding style from the Cat.
3rd gear is much smoother for accelerating out of roundabouts of which I have fcuckin HUNDREDS round here ! [Was always 2nd on the Cat]
Don't think ill put an exhaust on it yet. I kind of like the standard sound even though it looks like a pimple on a pigs arse.

All in all, even though I need to spend some wedge to get it how I want it.
So far so good.

I Kin LOVE it !!

DSC_0495.jpgDSC_0479.jpg

Bon

Reaction score
023s will be my next tyres on I thin.
Had them on the Thundercat and felt confidant in them as soon as they were scrubbed in.
Mind you, till they WERE scrubbed in there were a few 5p £2 moments !
Either those or the T20s ?
I don't ride hard enough for S20s.
Glad I got one with S20 s on rather than Dunlobs. I have never hated tyres so much as when I had D207s on the Thundercat. They were nt even fully worn out when I got rid of them !