2017 mt-09

Matend

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just upgraded from a 2014 MT-07 to a 2017 Black MT-09 and am loving every second of it - the bike is just amazing. I can really understand why everyone is always raving about it.

Upon looking around I cannot seem to find any screens available for this model and was therefore wondering if anyone has seen anything suitable yet? In addition, R&G seem to sell a special set of crash bungs which are braced between two mounting holes (for over £200). Does this mean that the normal crash bungs are not effective on the MT-09.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

bobh

Reaction score
I've fitted a MRA touring screen to mine, bought from Motea in Germany (best price I could find, though likely to have gone up a bit now post-Brexit).

It's very effective and doesn't look too much like a barn door:

image upload no size limit

The crash bungs (2 per side) are from Crashbobbins.com, though they don't stick out far enough to give full protection for the engine cases on both sides. They are similar to the R&G ones, but don't have the aluminium inserts, so the plastic does settle after a while and the bolts need to be re-torqued up. I generally fit them to minimise damage from a stationary or low-speed drop, rather than a proper "crash".

Last edited:

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just upgraded from a 2014 MT-07 to a 2017 Black MT-09 and am loving every second of it - the bike is just amazing. I can really understand why everyone is always raving about it.

Upon looking around I cannot seem to find any screens available for this model and was therefore wondering if anyone has seen anything suitable yet? In addition, R&G seem to sell a special set of crash bungs which are braced between two mounting holes (for over £200). Does this mean that the normal crash bungs are not effective on the MT-09.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
according to Fowlers, Yamaha have 2 screens for the 2017 MT09, sport and touring
and as the engine mounts are unchanged crash bung fitment will be the same as for old MT09s

Cobweb

Reaction score
Forget all about screens they just cause turbulence and look naff, it's a naked bike so just enjoy it for what it is.

Davy

Reaction score
I like having a screen on mine, and I think the small Puig one looks good.

DSC_0004.jpg

Locksmith

Reaction score
I dont think half the people realise the 2017 has a different front end :)