5th and 6th gear restricted

Jay Cee

Reaction score
Hi all just read in super bike that the MT is restricted in 5th and 6th gear is there a way to remove it?

marthy

Reaction score
Been trying to find a solution about the speed limiter here. No success so far. My ECu has been flash by Stoltec throttle map. What is your top speed on "close course"?

Pool Boy

Reaction score
Why would you want to remove it?
Hanging on over 100mph is just about impossible as it is !

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been trying to find a solution about the speed limiter here. No success so far. My ECu has been flash by Stoltec throttle map. What is your top speed on "close course"?
On a "closed circuit" the Speedo says 141 but in reality (on the dyno) that 141 is actually 128

marthy

Reaction score
On a "closed circuit" the Speedo says 141 but in reality (on the dyno) that 141 is actually 128
I tried few things at still see only 132 on the speedo. Tried bypassing the gear selector (1-2-3-4-4-4) and offsetting the speed sensor with a speedo healer... no success. I got 134 on the GPS at the strip.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried few things at still see only 132 on the speedo. Tried bypassing the gear selector (1-2-3-4-4-4) and offsetting the speed sensor with a speedo healer... no success. I got 134 on the GPS at the strip.
I can see 141 every time on the Speedo but it has been re-mapped...

Last edited:

Pool Boy

Reaction score
How on earth do you hang on at those speeds (or are you ling on the tank ?) ?

Anything over 80 and I'm struggling - but that was part of the reason for going to a naked bike - licence preservation !

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How on earth do you hang on at those speeds (or are you ling on the tank ?) ?

Anything over 80 and I'm struggling - but that was part of the reason for going to a naked bike - licence preservation !
A lot of it is down to the helmet I guess. Don't tuck up too much as I like to see where I'm going lol.

JCL270

Reaction score
I've got a pretty standard set up with the full akra system installed by my dealer, they said they put an akra map on to, then on a beautifully closed circuit this morning the speedo hit 132 and that was all she had, do you think it's restricted or I just need to adopt the foetus position a bit more?

M

MT account

all you ton up chaps must be wearing leathers? i have a job hanging on over 100 cos my textile stuff drags in the wind.....the shark raw aint too happy at that speed either.....

marthy

Reaction score
Bell RS1. Ya we need to wear full leathers on track days... not something I wear on a normal ride in Southern Florida.

M

MT account

Bell RS1. Ya we need to wear full leathers on track days... not something I wear on a normal ride in Southern Florida.
i checked the link, nice lid:cool:.....yeah a joe rocket mesh jacket n kevlar jeans makes 100mph hard work.

marthy

Reaction score
Very nice helmet and flow a lot of air, no fogging in the rain. Use the auto tint visor... freaking sweet! Well worth $100 for the visor.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've either got the Shoei GT-Air on or the Shark Speed-R and either textiles, Draggin Jeans or Leathers. Depends on the weather I guess lol

stunva

Reaction score
Hey Marthy, you wouldn't have a part number or purchase place for that screen, it looks different to the Puig ones I've seen.