6K Service done

Chris West

Reaction score
Just had the 6K done at Woking Yamaha £124 +vat
Only issue was the rear tyre which I've replaced with Bridgestone 023 (Dual compound, as I have to do a lot of M3)
Ive done a couple of hundred wet miles since then and I have to say the 023 really inspires confidence.
I'll definitely put an 023 on the front when the time comes :)

flydnb

Reaction score
Just had the 6K done at Woking Yamaha £124 +vat
Only issue was the rear tyre which I've replaced with Bridgestone 023 (Dual compound, as I have to do a lot of M3)
Ive done a couple of hundred wet miles since then and I have to say the 023 really inspires confidence.
I'll definitely put an 023 on the front when the time comes :)
hows the finish holding up, are bits starting to look scruffy/corrode etc ?

stevecbr

Reaction score
I had the Bridgestone BT 023's on my FZ6 and they were fantastic. Brilliant wet or dry, heat up really fast, really good on a track day to.
Much better than the S20's I currently have fitted, I would have thought they would have fitted the newer T30's?
good price for the service to

Chris West

Reaction score
Wouw, I thought I had done a fair bit, but you beat me only with 4k miles ;)

Would you have considered Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4?
In fairness I have 100 mile (round trip) daily commute which Im trying to cut down as its eats up your bike value, as well as tyres etc.
From the sound of it SMB, you've had 4k of fun lol
Tonight was so wet and windy, I felt like i'd been keel hauled by Blue Beard :-(

RE: Tyres, Im no expert and would have considered Pilots but I am more than happy with the BT023s
Cant say if the OEMs were shite or whether it was down to the (quite pronounced) squaring off but the bike feels fantastic :))

Chris West

Reaction score
hows the finish holding up, are bits starting to look scruffy/corrode etc ?
It's holding up very well.
She has to live outside with a cover over her (which I don't put on after a wet ride).
Some of the bolts are manky (some of the original tail assembly bolts had turned to marzipan).
But I think with judicious use of GT85, or some such (which I don't use yet), this would probably be largely avoided.
Its been a while since I've seen her in the daylight but will endeavour to give her a clean this weekend.
She's Race Blu and scrubs up really well, unlike her rider lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouw, I thought I had done a fair bit, but you beat me only with 4k miles ;)

Would you have considered Michelin Pilot Road 3 or 4?
I have the pilot 4's on and they are awesome. Got the pilot 3's on my GSR-750 and wudnt use anything else