_T-09ers Unite!

relz

Reaction score
We live in a small world, and the internet has brought us even closer.

It's no secret that there are two large English speaking forums around, one dedicated mainly to MT-09 and the other to FZ-09.

Since these bikes are so similar and differ only in a bit of cosmetic colouring/coloring and slight fueling differences (probably due to emissions regulations), I find myself constantly monitoring the two forums, to see if anything new pops up.
Moreover a number of threads actually get duplicated in both the forums.

What's the point in having two overlapping forums for the same bike? Why not share all the information we have in one place?

Sure there are slight differences between the forums, e.g. in one of them (without mentioning any names) the members enjoy some quality British humor, while the members of the other forum (still not mentioning names) might not even understand the jokes. ;)

I guess it makes sense to have separate areas for MT-09 specific and FZ-09 specific technical issues, but you don't need more than a small area in the forum. Over 90% of the bikes are identical, and that includes all the aftermarket add-ons and whatnot.

Perhaps USA vendors should also be separated from Europ vendors, in order to avoid confusion. But you could just as easily have all the vendors in one place and make sure to clearly note the location of each one. Heck, we all buy stuff from overseas now anyway.

Unfortunately I've got a pretty strong feeling that my suggestion won't happen, because I'm pretty sure that neither of the owners/admins of the two forums will be willing to give up their space. I really don't know how these things work, who pays for the server etc. But I'm sure that somehow financial interest and politics will get in the way somehow...

Anyway, I for one would like to see these two forums united. I think the larger combined member base can contribute more to each other, and it will save us monitoring the two forums all the time.

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Different owners... Different sites... Many are members of both forums. Just the way it is... same with most any other forums/sites.

sigtrm

Reaction score
We live in a small world, and the internet has brought us even closer.

It's no secret that there are two large English speaking forums around, one dedicated mainly to MT-09 and the other to FZ-09.

Since these bikes are so similar and differ only in a bit of cosmetic colouring/coloring and slight fueling differences (probably due to emissions regulations), I find myself constantly monitoring the two forums, to see if anything new pops up.
Moreover a number of threads actually get duplicated in both the forums.

What's the point in having two overlapping forums for the same bike? Why not share all the information we have in one place?

Sure there are slight differences between the forums, e.g. in one of them (without mentioning any names) the members enjoy some quality British humor, while the members of the other forum (still not mentioning names) might not even understand the jokes. ;)

I guess it makes sense to have separate areas for MT-09 specific and FZ-09 specific technical issues, but you don't need more than a small area in the forum. Over 90% of the bikes are identical, and that includes all the aftermarket add-ons and whatnot.

Perhaps USA vendors should also be separated from Europ vendors, in order to avoid confusion. But you could just as easily have all the vendors in one place and make sure to clearly note the location of each one. Heck, we all buy stuff from overseas now anyway.

Unfortunately I've got a pretty strong feeling that my suggestion won't happen, because I'm pretty sure that neither of the owners/admins of the two forums will be willing to give up their space. I really don't know how these things work, who pays for the server etc. But I'm sure that somehow financial interest and politics will get in the way somehow...

Anyway, I for one would like to see these two forums united. I think the larger combined member base can contribute more to each other, and it will save us monitoring the two forums all the time.
I have never been in usa, never touched it, therefore I refuse to believe in its existence, I think it exists only in tv and stories. That other FZ forum is a hoax, it is some script reading mt09 forum, then transforming posts and replies. It is automated. Nothing to worry about. Usa is made up country. And FZ is from Thailand.