A b s recall

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Mine said that a small part inside the unit is made of plastic and because it was fragile Yamaha decide to replace all the unit just in case that this small part brake-down and the rider has not abs function...
Then the function of brakes would be same as one non-abs MT.

big ade

Reaction score
i picked mine up 1 st march ( 14 plate ) the reason the recall abs work had not been done , before collection ...... dealers could not get the new parts from yamaha.
but, they only informed me, when the parts turned up in april !!!!

relz

Reaction score
Finally handled the ABS issue.

I knew my bike was in the VIN range, but heard nothing from the Yamaha dealer. A few months ago I asked my local Yamah garage, and he said he heard nothing about it, and if there's a problem I should receive a letter.
I wrote an email to the head Yamaha Dealer/Importer in Israel, 4 days ago, but they just ignored it...

Anyway, today I strolled into a different Yamaha Certified garage and asked them about it (and mentioned the CCT issue too), and immediately they said "sure, we know those problems we'll send a warranty claim for you". In about 5 minutes, they sent out a warranty claim for the ABS and for the CCT (which isn't really playing up much yet).

Next week I'm due for my first 10,000km service. I think I've decided which garage to go to.