after market air filter

l34chy

Reaction score
So i have been looking at after market air filters for the mt09 and i spoke to a local tuning shop owner and he mentioned MWR air filters and sole dealer is Speedycom performance.
Has any one on this forum used them ans are they any good the reason i ask is they are £100:confused:

l34chy

Reaction score
Yeah i have seen that UnluckySlats, but i have heard good things about the MWR filters, I wanted to know if any one is using it and if there is any dyno readings to prove if it is worth that sort of money

big ade

Reaction score
d.n.a. air filter on ebay £66 inc. postage. i've just put one in mine, as good as k&n ,looks like k&n , makes a fair bit of difference , well worth it.
they do come from greece, mine arrived in 4 days ( quicker than some uk ebay sellers ! )
got board waiting for k&n to make one , spoke to a dealer last week, who said k&n might be making them ,but not in stock till early next year.....

RipGroove

Reaction score
Guys he knows about the DNA, he's enquiring about a different brand.

daz1963

Reaction score
Looking at one of these myself to compare with the dna, so if you do get one would like to know what you think.
by the way I'm in the same area as you so will be keeping a look out for a fellow mt.

Spot

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how the aftermarket filters improve performance?
My understanding was that the OEM filter air flow was far more than the engine required, so how does providing yet more flow improve matters?

sigtrm

Reaction score
My understanding was that the OEM filter air flow was far more than the engine required, so how does providing yet more flow improve matters?
Well that is very scientific, it is similar to how deep armor helps with speed. You see deep armor is so black deep that it absorbs all the photons so there is no resistance from, ie electrons frequency matches perfectly the light wave it is all absorbed and turned into more power.

On the other hand air filters transform air into special mixture of: 78% Nitrogen, 21% of Oxygen plus argon and other trade secret substances. So, 78% NITRO man, now you know.

M

MT account

Well that is very scientific, it is similar to how deep armor helps with speed. You see deep armor is so black deep that it absorbs all the photons so there is no resistance from, ie electrons frequency matches perfectly the light wave it is all absorbed and turned into more power.

On the other hand air filters transform air into special mixture of: 78% Nitrogen, 21% of Oxygen plus argon and other trade secret substances. So, 78% NITRO man, now you know.
thegrind3.jpg

RipGroove

Reaction score
I'm still struggling with this myself. Don't get me wrong I can't comment on whether it does or doesn't help as I haven't fitted one myself but, as far as I can see the snatchyness is down to the bike running too lean as standard and usually adding a filter or exhaust would make the bike run even leaner so I would expect that adding a filter would actually make the bike more snatchy??!! I'll admit it, I'm baffled by this one.

daz1963

Reaction score
Daz1963 do you get up to devils bridge. Gonna bite the bullet and get one after talking to a couple of race lads i know and they have a good review from race teams
Hi 134chy. just been up there for a quick blast today. tend to go for longer rides at the weekend but do get there some nights and also knott end on a Wednesday is popular. if you fancy a meet or a ride out I,m always up for it. plus thinking of going to the dark side tour in Manchester next weekend.

daz1963

Reaction score
Well might get down to knott end next week if your going i will keep an eye out for you what colour is your bike not sure if i will be going to manchester
The best colour. race blue:). hopefully see you Wednesday.

daz1963

Reaction score
hi 134chy. like you said, i'll be there weather permitting. probably set off around 6ish.

daz1963

Reaction score
134chy and makfai. if your thinking of going to knot end on Wednesday I wouldn't mind meeting up with you for a brew and a chat
weather permitting of course. went the other week and the wind was horrendous. or if theres any other meets you go to on different nights then just let me know.

daz1963

Reaction score
weather looking pretty good for tomorrow so I'm up for that. were abouts in Glasson do you go? and what sort of time do you have in mind?