Aftermarket accessories

Keep her lit

Reaction score
Here is a modification for the colder days ahead,i bought these 2nd hand of e-bay Barkbusters Storm S1 Handguards with the universal fitting kit.Fitting was a bit fiddly the clutch and brake levers had to be slackened to enable the bracket to be fitted and then the bars slackened and pushed forward a little so that when turning the bars from full lock to full lock the bottom of the handguards did'nt hit the top of the fuel tank,i dont think they look too bad.003.jpg004.jpg006.jpg

Last edited:

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
Now THOSE give your bike that true motard look. Only need dual sport tires :D

On the other hand - and I know I may be treading water here - I do twitch my nose at the pricing of original accessories and aftermarket parts. Until parts from China can conform to the MT-09 measurements, I guess we have to pay dear money to trick it out.

One thing, though: can you order the bike with the Acra muffler instead of the stock one? And if so, what's the price difference?

Keep her lit

Reaction score
Yes you are right if we want to trick up our bikes we have to pay dear at the minute until the rest of the after market firms catch up,today the postman has delivered R&G crash protectors front and mid £56.66 ex vat each so combined are about the same price as Yamaha's but i think they looked better and were positioned better,will post pics when i get them fitted.As for the akra sure, when the exhaust is available i should think you could order it and have it fitted before you collect your bike i have one ordered but will have to wait for another month before i get it unless some arrive early.

Last edited:

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just fit s-moto rad guard and tail tidy. Fit is great but I wouldn't put the quality up with r+g standards really. Both improve the look though. Just gotta re-reg it then I can get a smaller number plate to replace the bill board.

Cheers daps.

mt dave

Reaction score
ive just put on a evotech tail tidy first to have one what a bit of kit got rid of that horrible rear light fitted some LED indys pictures lata well worth the money worth waiting for i think R&G looks cheap evotech is made in uk aswell just waiting for rad guard etc etc take a look on website not ready yet worth the wait trust me www.evotech performance.com

mt dave

Reaction score
DSCN0366.jpgDSCN0367.jpgDSCN0368.jpgDSCN0369.jpgDSCN0370.jpghi guys ive fitted a evotech tail tidy awsome bit of kit not for sale yet but managed to aquire one thanks to garry twigg at evotech worth waiting for and put LED indys on aswell

Last edited:

mt dave

Reaction score
I've been in touch with k&n about them making a filter for the mt-09 at the moment there not making one unless theres enough interest so can everyone please phone them on 01925 636950 so hopefully they'll get one into production as this will definatley help when a new exhaust is fitted thanks in advance