Aftermarket accessories

mt dave

Reaction score
hi all got indicators from ebay £10 with relay free p+p all in for 4 sounds to cheap they are not bad for the money make sure you get a 2 pin relay with them

mt dave

Reaction score
hi spoke to garry twigg today at evotech crash bobbins will be ready soon but they are going to be at the nec bike show stand number 4c60 showing a mt-09 with all the products fitted that they've made and will be available soon the stand is near the behind bars theatre all items are shown on the evotech website under the mt-09 if you click on the green i book it gives you all the fitting instructions and what it looks like, looks awesome better quality than r&g who are only making 4 seperate crash bobbins but evotech are making it so that you only need the one bobbin with a bridge from one engine mount to another.

mgs performance

Reaction score
hi spoke to garry twigg today at evotech crash bobbins will be ready soon but they are going to be at the nec bike show stand number 4c60 showing a mt-09 with all the products fitted that they've made and will be available soon the stand is near the behind bars theatre all items are shown on the evotech website under the mt-09 if you click on the green i book it gives you all the fitting instructions and what it looks like, looks awesome better quality than r&g who are only making 4 seperate crash bobbins but evotech are making it so that you only need the one bobbin with a bridge from one engine mount to another.

Just had a look on evotech's website as to see how there design differs from ours, and all I can say is ouch!

That is one serious price to pay for a set of protectors regardless on there quality. Our protectors are 4 independent bobbins mounted to the frame, one set being the uppers and the others being the lower protectors, the same design as R & G's concept. I am sure the evotech protectors will more than do there job as evotech is a renowned manufacturer of crash protection. But to have to pay £249.00 is a very steep price. The other factor I would be considering on these, is that if you do have a fall or do happen to have a crash, is how much it will cost for a new bobbin or support frame. Do evotech replace the whole side with bobbin and frame support, if they do which I am sure they do. You will be looking at paying around the £100 mark.

The reason we have manufactured 4 independent frame protectors for the MT-09/FZ-09 is for the clear factor that in the event of a crash you would only need to replace the one bobbin, this being at a mere cost of £25.
Our quality is vastly growing as from all our ebay feedback from previous buyers will show, and our protectors have been fully tested both on road and track.

The point I am trying to state that if you can justify paying £249.00 for a set of protectors then that's entirely each and everyone's choice, but being a biker myself I could not warrant that kind of money on any frame crash protection.

Jason :D:D

Last edited:

mt dave

Reaction score
hi in response to mgs performance evotech performance do sell the crash bobbins seperatley so you don't have the expense of forking out for it more than once i would rather pay more for something of better quality than buying cheap and after buying quite a bit of evotech performances products i know the quality is top notch one of my mates has just brought a r&g tail tidy beacuse it was cheaper regrets it after seeing mine and is no going to buy a evotech one to replace it.

marthy

Reaction score
I just want to share my latest mod. Rear shock/suspension package as been an issue to me since day one. I played with the preload and rebound adjuster with o real success. It was either too stiff and kicking my arse off the seat every time I hit a good bump down the road or going softer the bike was squatting too much under acceleration. So I did some digging around and gamble $65.00 on ebay. Well, got lucky!

2008-10 ZX-10 rear shock fit! The shock as an offset canister that mostly clear the plastic under tray. All you need to do is cut near the first electrical connector to fit. The bolt hole on the swing arm side need to be oversize a bit to use the FZ/MT-09 hardware. The spring is a tad softer (510 lb/in instead of 550 lb/in) That make the bike much better over bumps and the shock has plenty on damping to control the platform of the bike. So overall the bike feel very solid and much better over bump. Some of the bump I use to go over on my way to work are barely noticeable now. The spring/sag numbers are good for my 185 lbs all gear up. If you need a bit more the stock FZ-09 spring seem to be a fit for the ZX-10 shock. So all you need to do is keep your stock spring and install it on the ZX-10 shock.

bill

Reaction score
Does any one else like the standard tail ? I quite like it, seems to give the bike a different look, gives an optical impression of extra length. After all it is a different concept should we try and bring it back to look like conventual bikes ? Interested to hear.

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
I like the tail too and I'll keep it that way. It is designed for this bike, but like all taste it is just a personal meaning.

mgs performance

Reaction score
hi in response to mgs performance evotech performance do sell the crash bobbins seperatley so you don't have the expense of forking out for it more than once i would rather pay more for something of better quality than buying cheap and after buying quite a bit of evotech performances products i know the quality is top notch one of my mates has just brought a r&g tail tidy beacuse it was cheaper regrets it after seeing mine and is no going to buy a evotech one to replace it.
Hi in response to MT dave, i totally agree with what you are saying about R&G products as i sponsor a few guys for GB thundersport and hottrax and they had previously had R&G protectors on there bikes and they all said the same thing that the quality was no where near as good as ours. One guy had his R&G protector actually come out of the frame when he had low sided. We are also now sponsoring a guy for next years season who races in the BSB.

Our products i believe are not cheap, we use the best materials on the market and yes you could say our products are cheap. But i like to think it of being that we don't rip off our customers we give them a top product at a competitive price, and when a rider who i sponsor comes off at 120mph and it saves the side of his bike i see that as we have done our job!

Believe it or not i actually have an evotech tail tidy on my blade, and it is the best tail tidy i have seen. But to justify £249 on frame protectors is scandalous price regardless of quality.

As being a time served toolmaker myself, i know how much it would cost to manufacture this kind of product and believe me it is no where near the price they are charging.

Dont get me wrong Evotech stuff is quality, its the price i was astounded by.

Cypher

Reaction score
Does any one else like the standard tail ? I quite like it, seems to give the bike a different look, gives an optical impression of extra length.
I do too. I might experiment with removing the metal connector that holds the indicator/number plate block and see how it looks without it but it's far down my list of priorities.

@Jason (mgs performance) - would you make bobbins without any logos? One of the reasons I haven't bought any so far (especially R&G) is I hate the big white logos that everyone insists on printing on them. I'd buy a set if I could get plain black protectors.

Edit:
Looking at the photos on Facebook and I think I'm actually wrong. Your logo is just a sticker on top of the black protector, isn't it? If so apologies for the remark about logos :)

Last edited:

mgs performance

Reaction score
I do too. I might experiment with removing the metal connector that holds the indicator/number plate block and see how it looks without it but it's far down my list of priorities.

@Jason (mgs performance) - would you make bobbins without any logos? One of the reasons I haven't bought any so far (especially R&G) is I hate the big white logos that everyone insists on printing on them. I'd buy a set if I could get plain black protectors.

Edit:
Looking at the photos on Facebook and I think I'm actually wrong. Your logo is just a sticker on top of the black protector, isn't it? If so apologies for the remark about logos :)

Lol yes cypher the badges are only stick on. There is a plastic cap which presses into a recess inside the bobbin, then normally our domed badge is then applied to the cap.
The kit requires the consumer to stick on the badge at the end of fitting, so if not needed there would just be a plastic cap showing to cover the bore of the protector.

Jason.