*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

RipGroove

Reaction score
well they are connected as the popping is unburnt fuel being ignited in the exhaust while helped by the PAIR valve. it only starts popping below 4000rpm when the injectors are switched back on to stop the bike from stalling.
if you leave the injectors switched on all the way down to idle there will be more unburnt fuel going out the pipe which should equal bigger n better banging! yeaaaaaaaa!
Yeah ok there is a connection but its not a black and white connection. That fuel only pops if the air is added to it. Reducing the engine breaking is done by adding fuel on decel, but no matter how much fuel you add it'll only pop if air is added.

Last edited:
M

MT account

Yeah ok there is a connection but its not a black and white connection.
im liking the idea of more fire tho.......maybe they can flash 1 injector to give out a slight dribble on over run untill 4000rpm to get that 'flame out' effect.......hmmmm.

rob5006

Reaction score
They haven't announced it...
It's all been done on the quiet...
Just edited my original comment so it reads better...meant to say that Yamaha don't want to send out a circular asking people to take their bikes to a dealer for re-flashing because it would look like a 're-call' and probably cause a little embarrassment. All their stock and demo bikes have now been 'sorted'...the only bikes that haven't are the ones that we have all bought...but we can take them in for re-flashing under the warranty. Just wandering what the throttle will be like with and without the G2 Tamer once the re-flash has been done. Looking forward to getting mine done and trying both.

rob5006

Reaction score
Isn't it interesting that they are making the "fix" the standard default on all new bikes but tell you that you don't need it. Not wanting to make it a recall then and, as they have to pay dealers for warranty work, don't want to encourage everyone to do it!
I agree...if they are trying to 'discourage' (for want of a better word) everyone from having it done...then why have all their MT09 and demo bikes the 'new' way....so obvious they are trying to put something right without making an issue out of it...very sly!
Going to get mine done asap...if you are calling into Raceways anytime soon...let them know i'm a coming!

rob5006

Reaction score
I said the same to Steve when he read me the notice the other day. Thy just don't want to admit liability.

Will be seeing Steve tomorrow or day after. Let me know when you are booked in.
Will do. Will ring Steve tomorrow and get it booked in asap. Cheers

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree...if they are trying to 'discourage' (for want of a better word) everyone from having it done...then why have all their MT09 and demo bikes the 'new' way....so obvious they are trying to put something right without making an issue out of it...very sly!
We haven't and definitely won't be flashing the stock we have...people want the power of the original MT not the tamed down version they're going to get if it's got the new map on it...

rob5006

Reaction score
We haven't and definitely won't be flashing the stock we have...people want the power of the original MT not the tamed down version they're going to get if it's got the new map on it...
From what i can gather, it's just the initial throttle roll-on that will be affected...it will still be a beast...!

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
Your so right if yamaha do not want to make
it a recall? you should be allowed to choose
If you a buy a new bike to have the flash done
or to leave it as it is

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what i can gather, it's just the initial throttle roll-on that will be affected...it will still be a beast...!
Yamaha uk reckon it "May be" slower on the uptake as well because they have changed the fuelling so it's not as vicious...

I guess u guys will find out for yourselves after uv had it done

M

MT account

Yamaha uk reckon it "May be" slower on the uptake as well because they have changed the fuelling so it's not as vicious...

I guess u guys will find out for yourselves after uv had it done
im tellin ya it sounds exactly like the FZ map! let me loose on 1 n ill tell you after a few gears.............

rob5006

Reaction score
A big 'thank you' will be given if an MT09 owner can get a test ride on a demo fitted with the new flash and give us a brutally honest and unbiased review....let's put this thing to the test and put it to bed!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well i wouldnt know for sure cos i cant even work a smartfone but no snatch, smooth initial fueling......? seen that somewhere before.......:)
I've got a sneaky suspicion that u mite be Bob on... I reckon they've just sent out the map for the FZ...

relz

Reaction score
So do you reckon it will be the same map as ur FZ in Thailand then?
How do you figure that?

From what I hear in the US FZ forum, they too suffered from the good old snatch. Hence their 100-200$ ecu flashes with Stoltec, FlashTune and whatnot.

What good will it do Yamaha to use the stock FZ flash?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How do you figure that?

From what I hear in the US FZ forum, they too suffered from the good old snatch. Hence their 100-200$ ecu flashes with Stoltec, FlashTune and whatnot.

MT account I'm gonna let u answer this one as I think uv got the correct credentials....lol

M

MT account

How do you figure that?

i got 1 of each mate, they are NOT the same bike. the FZ A mode is closer to the MT B mode :)

Colton123

Reaction score
So u have to ring the dealer and ask about the flash. They won't contact you is this right? Asked my dealer yesterday cmc Cannock and he said he new nothing about it.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So u have to ring the dealer and ask about the flash. They won't contact you is this right? Asked my dealer yesterday cmc Cannock and he said he new nothing about it.
That's correct...
Your dealer needs to speak to Yamaha uk and they will send them the ecu update.

relz

Reaction score
i got 1 of each mate, they are NOT the same bike. the FZ A mode is closer to the MT B mode :)
So what are all the Americans bitching about? My little daughter could probably handle this bike in B mode :p