*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

fizzy

Reaction score
Lol. I've just acquired the akrapoviç race zorst.... so I'm gonna flog the Two Brothers...
Cudnt remember it was u or malc who had the race one
Mac has the full race me coatsy and Wato have the original ones akrapovic have had a lot of brass of us northern monkey's lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mac has the full race me coatsy and Wato have the original ones akrapovic have had a lot of brass of us northern monkey's lol
Pmsl. I've had the original Akrapovič already. This new one will be the 4th system I've had on there lol.
Simon wants to get one as well lol

fizzy

Reaction score
Pmsl. I've had the original Akrapovič already. This new one will be the 4th system I've had on there lol.
Simon wants to get one as well lol
feckin bikes wot else would we spend our money on ?,,, slightly off topic me and Dave are thinking about some blue tooth intercom are you the man to talk to? Did you have some on hear for sale?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
feckin bikes wot else would we spend our money on ?,,, slightly off topic me and Dave are thinking about some blue tooth intercom are you the man to talk to? Did you have some on hear for sale?
Tell me about it... there's always something to buy next...

Pm sent ref headsets

Bon

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in having this flash done let me know and I will get things sorted for u...
Great account of how the bike has improved. Im keeping my standard zorst on at least for the present as the noise police don't particularly care for loud bikes round this way [though strangely enough cars with dustbins for exhausts seem to be exempt ??? Go Figure !]

Im paying out for suspension upgrades at the moment but come the spring ill have gotten over the splinters in my arse from sitting on the fence and anyway, no doubt Simon will have programs for every eventuality !

Keep up the good work matey.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great account of how the bike has improved. Im keeping my standard zorst on at least for the present
U can still get this flash done with a standard zorst...
This flash is more about unlocking all the goodies on the bike... having a map loaded on as well is just a bonus...

Bon

Reaction score
U can still get this flash done with a standard zorst...
This flash is more about unlocking all the goodies on the bike... having a map loaded on as well is just a bonus...
That's cool. Had a Skorpian exhaust on the Thundercat. Ran it without baffle for a while. Got pulled twice. Left it with the baffle in and got pulled a further 3 times. They didn't like it at all seeing the baffle in and the BS kitemark on ![ which I dutifully pointed out to them. THEN they took the time to "chat " with me while giving the Cat a real goo look over. even pointing out that in THEIR opinion, my rear brake pedal was set a bit LOW ??? Had a Bandit 600 before the Cat. Was a great bike to come back to after 15yrs or so off of bikes. Handled well up to cornering at Ahem 60 plus then wallowed like a Wallowing thing ! The Cat [even without Mods other that going by Perfomace Bkes settings] handled like a dream. Ive played with and adjusted static and weighted settings with the 09 but still not as I want it. Suspension first for me. THEN ill go for ECU Flash. Im really interested to see if Yamaha s flash can be overwritten by Simon. Hey im a fcucking cheapskate ! Ill go for free first then ill pay if needs be but from what you describe, Simon might just be the way to go. Oh shti. Splinters through the winter it is for me lol !

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
I do spoke with simon and he is going to let
me know when he is back up north so he
can sort mine cheers TT

Locksmith

Reaction score
Ok so....
Who wants their ecu flashed then...?
To save us trawling through several hundred post's, can you tell us exactly what we get, how we get it and how much?

A couple of questions:

If for any reason you don't like it, will the Yamaha flash go over it.
I think I read that Simons flash will not go over the Yamaha one, is that right?
I think you mentioned about posting ECU's, I for one don't fancy trusting something so vital and valuable to shipping companies!!!

Maybe edit the opening post with all the info?

Cheers by the way for all the effort :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To save us trawling through several hundred post's, can you tell us exactly what we get, how we get it and how much?

A couple of questions:

If for any reason you don't like it, will the Yamaha flash go over it.
I think I read that Simons flash will not go over the Yamaha one, is that right?
I think you mentioned about posting ECU's, I for one don't fancy trusting something so vital and valuable to shipping companies!!!

Maybe edit the opening post with all the info?

Cheers by the way for all the effort :)
Ok so u can get

1:-engine braking reduced

2:-change the temperature the fan comes on and goes off

3:-turn off clean air (less popping)!

4:-remove the 5th & 6th gear restrictors

5:-default start up to A mode

6:-if you already have a PCV with a map on, it can be directly copied onto your ECU thus meaning you can get rid of or just remove the PCV from the bike

All u have to do is come to us in Newbury and it will be flashed. It will take approximately 30 mins.
The cost is £183 which includes the £63 ECU registration.

The ECU can be also be flashed with the Dynojet map for your exhaust i.e Akrapovič titanium. Akrapovič carbon race. Two Brothers S1R carbon etc.

Yes you can flash the yamaha flash after but why would you lol

Last edited:

Locksmith

Reaction score
Am I right in presuming the "flash" addresses the fuelling/snatch issues and the points you numbered are extra things that can be done?

What is the benefit in adjusting the temp fan ? and I don't think I've ever hit the limiter in top :)

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
A man who met yesterday night who has Arrow full exhaust, DNA filter and had an aftermarket flash with remove 5th & 6th gear restrictors, maintain that now the speedometer of his mt-09 shows 295km on 6th... Because i've seen many times 225 on mine, i'm very concerned how you can stay on this naked bike at this speed...
Also i told him about our forum and if he'll be a member he could describe more about his modifications.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Am I right in presuming the "flash" addresses the fuelling/snatch issues and the points you numbered are extra things that can be done?

What is the benefit in adjusting the temp fan ? and I don't think I've ever hit the limiter in top :)
No the flash does not address it but after lots of fettling we've worked out that the reduced engine braking sorts the flash out.
Obviously if u apply a map as well then that also sorts out the snatch and fuelling issues.
The reduction in fan temp is just to keep it cooler in traffic.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
There's plenty of times that mines kicked in if I'm in heavy traffic, 106 degs, kicks it in, it would be better to have this lower to keep temps cooler.. There has been a mention somewhere that the fan has melted to the housing so the fan had seized...

I'd prefer a lower temp...