*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

Steven Cardus

Reaction score
Bet this has been asked before, but there are so many posts to go though,

do you have the Tracer Flash working yet?

RipGroove

Reaction score
Just got back from having Simon's flash done. Triple & Simon are both thoroughly nice accommodating blokes who obviously know their stuff when it comes to bikes. Now if anyone hasn't had this done yet you REALLY need to go get it done, the throttle is SOOOO much smoother now, the bike started up in A-mode and it stayed there all the way home which was about 70 miles of A-roads, B-roads, dual carriageway ways, town, heavy traffic and motorway and not once did I even think about switching modes, not even while filtering through heavy town traffic or over some pretty big speed humps. So now as far as I'm concerned I no longer have any issues with the throttle on this bike at all :D And on top of all that the bike's radiator fan now kicks in at 96° (I think) instead of the 104° that it did before and the bike pulls like an absolute train now (even more so than before) in any gear and is overall very smooth throughout the whole rev range making it much more rideable and controllable, the 5th & 6th gear throttle restriction has also been removed but I doubt I'll see the benefit of that until I get it on the track later on this year as I'm not one for high speeds on the roads really.

All in all, £200 WELL spent, these bikes should leave the dealerships like this 100%.

Big thanks to Rich & Simon, hope your whole Dyno deal goes smoothly.

Jess Wright

Reaction score
Quick question did you take off sorry have to say it kevs mod first . I got a performance filter on and and the akra carbon and thinking of taking the mod off anyway see it throttle snatch is any better . It's only money stopping me with the ecu flash as iv massively over spent now , believe also the engine braking is reduced with the flash how have you found that . Sorry for list of questions but very interested in getting this done .
Just got back from having Simon's flash done. Triple & Simon are both thoroughly nice accommodating blokes who obviously know their stuff when it comes to bikes. Now if anyone hasn't had this done yet you REALLY need to go get it done, the throttle is SOOOO much smoother now, the bike started up in A-mode and it stayed there all the way home which was about 70 miles of A-roads, B-roads, dual carriageway ways, town, heavy traffic and motorway and not once did I even think about switching modes, not even while filtering through heavy town traffic or over some pretty big speed humps. So now as far as I'm concerned I no longer have any issues with the throttle on this bike at all :D And on top of all that the bike's radiator fan now kicks in at 96° (I think) instead of the 104° that it did before and the bike pulls like an absolute train now (even more so than before) in any gear and is overall very smooth throughout the whole rev range making it much more rideable and controllable, the 5th & 6th gear throttle restriction has also been removed but I doubt I'll see the benefit of that until I get it on the track later on this year as I'm not one for high speeds on the roads really.

All in all, £200 WELL spent, these bikes should leave the dealerships like this 100%.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Quick question did you take off sorry have to say it kevs mod first . I got a performance filter on and and the akra carbon and thinking of taking the mod off anyway see it throttle snatch is any better . It's only money stopping me with the ecu flash as iv massively over spent now , believe also the engine braking is reduced with the flash how have you found that . Sorry for list of questions but very interested in getting this done .
I still have Kevs mod fitted but I am going to remove it just to see what happens purely for clarification so currently I can't comment on that yet really. As for the engine braking, the actual effect hasn't been reduced as such, it's all just a lot smoother now.

Sent from my iPhone

Jess Wright

Reaction score
Ok mate give us an update if you get a chance when you have tried it thanks for the reply .
I still have Kevs mod fitted but I am going to remove it just to see what happens purely for clarification so currently I can't comment on that yet really. As for the engine braking, the actual effect hasn't been reduced as such, it's all just a lot smoother now.

Sent from my iPhone

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hi Pete. Was really great to meet you today.
I'm glad you are happy with the flash.
Thank you so much for the cracking in depth review. Simon and I are always keen to get feedback from customers as we like to make sure what we're offering is always exactly what you want.
Please let us know your findings if you decide to remove the optimisor.

Have fun and keep us updated [emoji12]

fizzy

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the cracking in depth review. Simon and I are always keen to get feedback from customers as we like to make sure what we're offering is always exactly what you want.

Have fun and keep us updated [emoji

Another satisfied customer Rich :cool: this is definitely the best mod you can do to your mt

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another satisfied customer Rich :cool: this is definitely the best mod you can do to your mt
Yes Keith. Still 100% excellent feedback lol.

It's a mod worth doing I think because it solves a lot of the small problems people are having.

Coopie

Reaction score
:mad::mad::mad:

Where's the ABS flash so I can have some of the fun ehh ehh prod prod ...... :rolleyes:

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Hey Trip! Your getting a bit of a reputation .... But what's with the chest hair!

image.jpg

Keep up the good work

RipGroove

Reaction score

Have fun and keep us updated [emoji12]
No problem, just saying it how it is! I can now finally start concentrating on cornering technique rather than my brain usage being 99% about throttle control! Soon as I get a spare couple of hours and some dry weather I'll do a back to back comparison with and without the optimizer fitted, be interesting to see the result.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem, just saying it how it is! I can now finally start concentrating on cornering technique rather than my brain usage being 99% about throttle control! Soon as I get a spare couple of hours and some dry weather I'll do a back to back comparison with and without the optimizer fitted, be interesting to see the result.
Awesome. Keep us posted then please