*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
[MENTION=1044]Coopie[/MENTION] how is the flash?
I'm sorry I wasn't about to see you when you came up.

Coopie

Reaction score
[MENTION=1044]Coopie[/MENTION] how is the flash?
I'm sorry I wasn't about to see you when you came up.
That's OK you are forgiven :)

As for the flash the only real comment I can give just now is the series of round-a-bouts just down the road towards Basingstoke were really smooth

After that I was trapped on the motorways in stupid tea time traffic :mad: .......... not to mension the not so slow puncture on the rear tyre I had to contend with :(

So new tyres tomorrow .... S20 Evo's .... then get out and really put it through it's paces :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's OK you are forgiven :)

As for the flash the only real comment I can give just now is the series of round-a-bouts just down the road towards Basingstoke were really smooth

After that I was trapped on the motorways in stupid tea time traffic :mad: .......... not to mension the not so slow puncture on the rear tyre I had to contend with :(

So new tyres tomorrow .... S20Evo's .... then get out and really put it through it's paces :rolleyes:
Well I'm glad you like it. We haven't had a single piece of bad feedback so far from a couple of dozen bikes lol. Let us know ur findings good or bad

Coopie

Reaction score
Well after bedding in the rear SBS pads and scrubbing in the S20 Evo's I was all set to play . The bike is a missile with the flash .

It was good before but it is deffo even better now . . Something I did before the flash was drop down to 30 mph in 6th gear and feed in the gas .
It did it , but did sound a little strained and a little lumpy . Today I tried the same test and the bike was smooth as butter . I know that's not the
sort of thing you would be doing very often if at all , but as a before and after comparison it's quantifiable . In normal press on mode I can feel
an improved pick up right through the range . As for right at the top end , I still can't comment , but I will let you know when I do . :eek:

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well after bedding in the rear SBS pads and scrubbing in the S20 Evo's I was all set to play . The bike is a missile with the flash .

It was good before but it is deffo even better now . . Something I did before the flash was drop down to 30 mph in 6th gear and feed in the gas .
It did it , but did sound a little strained and a little lumpy . Today I tried the same test and the bike was smooth as butter . I know that's not the
sort of thing you would be doing very often if at all , but as a before and after comparison it's quantifiable . In normal press on mode I can feel
an improved pick up right through the range . As for right at the top end , I still can't comment , but I will let you know when I do . :eek:
Fantastic review. Thank you so much for another thumbs up.

FR-09

Reaction score
Had the flash done at the weekend,

Completely transforms the bike, I kept thinking what I would write as a review and it just made me want to get on it again, even though I was out the whole weekend after having it done!

What I found;

1st Gear - The front end will come up much easier (if you want it to, which is great!)
2nd Gear - Depending where you are on the rev range the front wheel can pop up and noticeably more power.
3rd Gear - Power.
4th Gear - MORE POWER - I seriously think this is the strongest gear by far the thing just keeps going!
5th Gear - I HAVE A 5th GEAR, didn't realise how bad this was until after the flash, on the short period of being on the motorway this was a great improvement. Also realised why I felt like I was lagging behind other bikes before at "fast speeds", well not any more.
6th Gear - I have no need for 6th Gear, to be honest you can overtake in 4th and that could be the only gear you need.

I don't know the exact terminology but the "popping" seems louder and more frequent, which I love.

I had the engine breaking removed and is fantastic, changing speed on dual carriageways or in and out of corners is so smooth with added power puts a big smile on my face!!

Sunday afternoon my friend was behind on his GSXR 750 and said it was definitely quicker off the mark.

Even when not hammering it the mid range power is just perfect for the more casual ride.

So, what are you waiting for?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Completely transforms the bike, I kept thinking what I would write as a review and it just made me want to get on it again, even though I was out the whole weekend after having it done!

What I found;

1st Gear - The front end will come up much easier (if you want it to, which is great!)
2nd Gear - Depending where you are on the rev range the front wheel can pop up and noticeably more power.
3rd Gear - Power.
4th Gear - MORE POWER - I seriously think this is the strongest gear by far the thing just keeps going!
5th Gear - I HAVE A 5th GEAR, didn't realise how bad this was until after the flash, on the short period of being on the motorway this was a great improvement. Also realised why I felt like I was lagging behind other bikes before at "fast speeds", well not any more.
6th Gear - I have no need for 6th Gear, to be honest you can overtake in 4th and that could be the only gear you need.

I don't know the exact terminology but the "popping" seems louder and more frequent, which I love.

I had the engine breaking removed and is fantastic, changing speed on dual carriageways or in and out of corners is so smooth with added power puts a big smile on my face!!

Sunday afternoon my friend was behind on his GSXR 750 and said it was definitely quicker off the mark.

Even when not hammering it the mid range power is just perfect for the more casual ride.

So, what are you waiting for?
Yet another fantastic review. I'm so glad you like it...

Was really good to meet you.

Enjoy the "new" bike lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also....

Slight correction Fraser...

When you said "I had the engine braking removed". In actual fact the engine braking is 'reduced' which is what you are experiencing. The injection decel cut has been removed which in turn smooths out the on/off throttle.

M

MT account

thats the only bit i dont like LOL!

......i only came in here cos it said 69 on the page count....

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have a few spaces left in the diary so get in quick and get your bike flashed ready for the good weather. We don't just flash MT's so get in touch for more information

Deadhead

Reaction score
Read 50 pages so far, my eyes are hurting!
Couple of questions.

Does the flash effect the MPG? I ask because my bike is mainly a commute bike but I do go for rides in the winter when my summer bike is under cover.

My bike is 2015 ABS model with Akra exhaust, it's not been run in yet. I'll assume it has the latest Yam update, all I've done is the diag 02 change from 0 to 14. I suppose I'm asking is the flash worth it against the Yam latest map?

The results showing the power curve and BHP do all bikes that get the flash done get those figures?I thought it would have to be dyno'd for that? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Newbury isn't far from me and I have a week off coming up very soon ;)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Read 50 pages so far, my eyes are hurting!
Couple of questions.

Does the flash effect the MPG? I ask because my bike is mainly a commute bike but I do go for rides in the winter when my summer bike is under cover.

My bike is 2015 ABS model with Akra exhaust, it's not been run in yet. I'll assume it has the latest Yam update, all I've done is the diag 02 change from 0 to 14. I suppose I'm asking is the flash worth it against the Yam latest map?

The results showing the power curve and BHP do all bikes that get the flash done get those figures?I thought it would have to be dyno'd for that? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Newbury isn't far from me and I have a week off coming up very soon ;)
No it doesn't effect MPG.

Yes it's worth it against the Yamaha flash as the Yamaha flash ONLY sorts out the snatch. Our flash does everything else.

The BHP figures are roughly the same (give or take a few HP). This flash isn't about BHP it's about unlocking the bits Yamaha didn't want us to have.

Deadhead

Reaction score
OK I'm a little confused now, maybe the thread got crossed over with other chat.
I've read different maps being installed on the ECU, like a PCV which I think you did TT? or there was another website which list several maps depending what pipe you have. I seem some picture posted of BHP figures in the 130+ range.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK I'm a little confused now, maybe the thread got crossed over with other chat.
I've read different maps being installed on the ECU, like a PCV which I think you did TT? or there was another website which list several maps depending what pipe you have. I seem some picture posted of BHP figures in the 130+ range.
Yes that was on here. If u have a pcv and a map that has been done specifically for ur bike then we will happily put that into ur ecu when we flash it.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Hi Roger, I'm sure TT will reply but, the whole aftermarket flash was taken from a PCV as a starting point, the non ABS ECU was busted open, then they found some more goodies to play with.. They tweaked, got to understand had it all worked, got it working to its optimum performance, tested it thoroughly. Then got the final result... The best flash out there...

The mappings had been tested on a multitude of aftermarket Exhausts... Akra, Arrows etc...

The bonus is again no additional hardware required.

Threads at some points got mixed up with the official and aftermarket. If you want the best out of your toy then speak to TT...

When i get the dosh, TT will be seeing me.. Not far off now..

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
how much does it cost ?

hello triple trouble , how much does your flash cost please . cheers

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
sounds like a good price for the gains you would get ;)