Akrapovič Db Buster- Three Ways!

RipGroove

Reaction score
Just to prove you can just about get a small socket wrench in there, I use the wrench to crack the bolt, then take the wrench out and leave the 4mm Allen key bit in there and just twiddle that round by hand until the bolt is all the way out:

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
I snagged an unused baffle off of eBay for £20 so I've just drilled my old one, similar to the photo below.

So far I've drill 3x 10.00mm holes in each of the 3 pipes and it sounds pretty cool, it sounds very similar to the 'baffle in' sound, just louder and meatier.

Not my pic:

There seems to be a lot of confusion on exactly what's inside the Ti Akra can but I'm led to believe there are at least 2 chambers (one 'straight through' and one with some kind of silencer), with the baffle out the gasses pass straight through the can and exit the tail pipe without going through any silencers. With the baffle in, the gas is forced around the outside of the baffle through said chamber/chambers before it can exit through the baffle and the tail pipe.

Here you can see at least 2 chambers:

The chamber on the left is the 'straight through' chamber and the one on the right contains some kind of silencer.

So if I'm correct then the theory behind the drilled holes is that with the baffle in the exhaust some gasses can escape straight out of the can (through the 'straight through section and then through the new holes) and some gasses are forced around the baffle and through the silencer part of the can.

I'd really like to see the internals of the Akra but for now with the drilled baffle the bike sounds great, runs just as smooth and seems just as powerful as ever. And now i have a spare non drilled baffle just in case any issues do arise.

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited:

atomic

Reaction score
Since i recently bought Akra Ti i ordered another baffle at Yamaha dealer so i can modifay as i like. Yesterday got call from the dealer and when we open package with baffle inside this drop out of the box!!!! WHAT is this??? Well, maybe for MT10? DSC_0250.jpgDSC_0249.jpg

atomic

Reaction score
Dealer said that maybe it is mistake with original package since label on package show right number and Yamaha MT 09 description but for sure he also dont know for which model is this baflle.