Another Newbie

Soapy

Reaction score
Hi Folks, found this website because I decided to accept an offer by my local Yamaha Dealer to ride the MT-09 Demo.
I currently own a 2007 Z1000. The MT-09 is so much lighter and even though it's down on outright power it didn't feel like it on the road.
Rode it round my favourite roads and had a blast.
Had a couple of issues, I felt the seat was hard and trying to push me towards the tank also windblast (understandable it's a naked after all). Did think the throttle was a bit twitchy but having a quick look on the Forum there seems to be a few options to help that.
Result is I have ordered an Orange one with a comfort seat and the Yamaha Flyscreen. Dealer gave me a very good change price trading my Z1000 in.
Arrival date 18th Aug. Can't wait.
Cheers Soapy

MadGelo

Reaction score
welcome :)¨
Some people reported yama flyscreen deflecting wind and bugs right into the visor

M

MT account

i see another 1 joins the fold............and buys the best colour, hello chap.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Hi,Welcome. Just don't go removing that tank sticker (ignore if a matt grey owner). 18thAUG? It might even come armed with the new ECU tune.

sigtrm

Reaction score
Some say Stig designed Deep Armour color. Beside that it is fastest it is also undetectable by radars.

Soapy

Reaction score
Welcome!

Yamaha's optional 'comfort seat' was a purchase I do not regret,
Thanks for the Welcomes so far.

I'm hoping the comfort seat will reduce the pain and stop the slide towards the tank.

After looking at the Forum about the Yamaha Flyscreen I'm wondering if I should cancel the order and maybe go for an aftermarket one (it's not cheap)

Last edited:

Soapy

Reaction score
Better clarify the date. I'm working away from home for 3 weeks. The bike is already in the Dealers. It was a cancelled order.

M

MT account

Thanks for the Welcomes so far.

I'm hoping the comfort seat will reduce the pain and stop the slide towards the tank.

After looking at the Forum about the Yamaha Flyscreen I'm wondering if I should cancel the order and maybe go for an aftermarket one (it's not cheap)
awww its not so bad, you just have to turn yer head to 1 side after 30 mins riding so you can see out the side of the visor............then turn the other way to see on your way back home...:)

Soapy

Reaction score
awww its not so bad, you just have to turn yer head to 1 side after 30 mins riding so you can see out the side of the visor............then turn the other way to see on your way back home...:)
Living in the NE of Scotland I'm used to doing that to clear the rain

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pmsl. Not unless u get a fcuk off bomber crash land on the front and make the visor look like something out of a Saw movie...! Wot did u have stuck in there for 10 miles? I can't remember now lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm afraid to say the comfort seat is still a nut cracker. If I were u I'd stick a piece of foam under the seat cover rite where the dip is. I hear a tiler's sponge is quite good (and cheap)! idea

M

MT account

Pmsl. Not unless u get a fcuk off bomber crash land on the front and make the visor look like something out of a Saw movie...! Wot did u have stuck in there for 10 miles? I can't remember now lol
a big fat arsed butterfly went splat over me visor last week and heres some flies i impailed earlier........20140722_202339.jpg

isveight

Reaction score
Hi and welcome from another newbie, bought my MT 2 weeks ago, after a week I bought the comfort seat and fly screen, a bit expensive but the correct choice. done 900 miles to get it run in and ready to go, only 100 miles to go. seat is better and the fly screen keeps the fly's smashing into the back of the instrument panel. love it already and its not opened up yet.

Soapy

Reaction score
Well she is here at long last. Only managed the run back from the Dealers yesterday as it has been pissing with rain up here. Clarification folks, the Comfort Seat I ordered hasn't arrived yet. Some people on the Forum say that it won't stop me sliding towards the tank which is why I ordered it.
Thinking about cancelling the order and getting a Street Rally Seat. Found this supplier in the Netherlands. If somebody could look at the Pt/No and confirm it's right. Street Rally Seat ordered.

Last edited: