Anti vibration grips?

RipGroove

Reaction score
For whatever reason after about and hours riding my right hand goes numb/tingly, pretty sure it's from a very high frequency vibration. Can anyone recommend any grips that might stop this from happening?

I've seen the 'Grip Buddies' and 'Grip Puppies' but I really don't like the idea of those at all, I'd rather just get a real soft gel type grip.

I think the bike itself is OK, everything seems tight at the front end and there's no noticeable vibration from anything.

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
Are you gripping too tightly, perhaps?
Definitely not, I barely grip the bars at all. I don't grip as much as I should with my knees though when cruising, the tank feels too narrow so just feels odd. I do grip knee grip more when cornering though of course.

Sent from my iPhone 

Sven

Reaction score
I've fitted grip puppies to mine as i had the same problem - only the right hand is affected!
They cure the problem & i quite like the extra thickness.... (Stop sniggering at the back :D)
Only problem now is i notice the vibration thru the pegs more.....!
They're cheap enough to try (£14) & if you don't like them, you ain't lost much.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I made a point of looking at my mirrors today while accelerating hard and they blur up really bad lol

Sent from my iPhone 

Unfazed

Reaction score
I get that, think it's my age...

Seriously though, if you're not gripping the bars to tightly, might be something like carpal tunnel..

When I'm kayaking, after an hour or so my hands feel like I've been to the dentist so need to release and let the feeling back in, there's a nerve that runs through your hands near the base of the thumb