Aston Martin Vntage S

Birdy

Reaction score
Well ... may ramble a bit. .. sorry. Went down to the dealers to check if my tensioner had arrived( it has !) On the way , stopped at some lights , and up sidled a dorsoduro 750 and z 750.. first nice warm day of the spring.. bikes were both 09 plates but looked newer than my MT ever has.It was like a scene from a spaghetti western, all furtive eye work and a sense of deep foreboding. GREEN... he he he .. front wheel touched down at 70 ! I was Clint . At the next set of lights , they didnt bother, but a nutter 2 up on a VFR 1200 did ... kin ell they can lift their skirts, well ridden that man .Pulled in together at bike shop and had a chuckle, he was in his mid 50s with the wife on the back ! Aprilia man and zed bloke werent to happy tho..:eek: Decided to try the M4 for a bit , just to see what the bikes like for some high speed distance stuff .It was a nice day , calm , no wind, and i stuck at 90 for miles .. no problem.. dont think i will bother with a fly screen . Ended up in Brecon . Then i saw IT ! Just as we got on the by pass... gleaming white vantage.... he clocked me , put his foot down .. what a noise ! like thors chainsaw...i overtook him and the car he was overtaking , (sorry) and hit 140 on the speedo.... its a looooong straight road and feck he was closing me down by the end ! At the next roundabout rich git gave me a toot and a big grin ! lol Anyway , now going to part ex MT for a Suzuki Burghman scooter.....lol.... any plod reading this it is all a work of fiction :cool:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well ... may ramble a bit. .. sorry. Went down to the dealers to check if my tensioner had arrived( it has !) On the way , stopped at some lights , and up sidled a dorsoduro 750 and z 750.. first nice warm day of the spring.. bikes were both 09 plates but looked newer than my MT ever has.It was like a scene from a spaghetti western, all furtive eye work and a sense of deep foreboding. GREEN... he he he .. front wheel touched down at 70 ! I was Clint . At the next set of lights , they didnt bother, but a nutter 2 up on a VFR 1200 did ... kin ell they can lift their skirts, well ridden that man .Pulled in together at bike shop and had a chuckle, he was in his mid 50s with the wife on the back ! Aprilia man and zed bloke werent to happy tho..:eek: Decided to try the M4 for a bit , just to see what the bikes like for some high speed distance stuff .It was a nice day , calm , no wind, and i stuck at 90 for miles .. no problem.. dont think i will bother with a fly screen . Ended up in Brecon . Then i saw IT ! Just as we got on the by pass... gleaming white vantage.... he clocked me , put his foot down .. what a noise ! like thors chainsaw...i overtook him and the car he was overtaking , (sorry) and hit 140 on the speedo.... its a looooong straight road and feck he was closing me down by the end ! At the next roundabout rich git gave me a toot and a big grin ! lol Anyway , now going to part ex MT for a Suzuki Burghman scooter.....lol.... any plod reading this it is all a work of fiction :cool:
Lol. Awesome "story" plod confused now..!

Sounds like u had some serious fun then. I too went out for a blast this afternoon. Was speaking to MT Account on the phone while I was on the bike (interfone hands free is awesome by the way). He thought I was at a race meeting and stood my the side of the track lol. Nope. It was the awesome sound of my bike on full chat haha.

Burghman scooters are pants lol.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

flydnb

Reaction score
its funny you should say that a vfr 2 up tried it on with me as well a couple of weeks ago but I didn't bother as there was to much traffic, in fact the bloke was being a dick to be honest , I did have a burn up with a fireblade between two roundabouts and beat it no probs, the rider was stalking me for a while I could hear him revving away behind me came to a roundabout and I let it rip and by the time he was catching me it was time to brake for another roundabout , the thing with sports bikes unless your in the right rev range there not all that so point and squirt stuff is more the domain of the mt unless the sportsbike rider is really handy.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
its funny you should say that a vfr 2 up tried it on with me as well a couple of weeks ago but I didn't bother as there was to much traffic, in fact the bloke was being a dick to be honest , I did have a burn up with a fireblade between two roundabouts and beat it no probs, the rider was stalking me for a while I could hear him revving away behind me came to a roundabout and I let it rip and by the time he was catching me it was time to brake for another roundabout , the thing with sports bikes unless your in the right rev range there not all that so point and squirt stuff is more the domain of the mt unless the sportsbike rider is really handy.
I know wot u mean. I had a "burn up" with an RSV4 no so long ago and as we came off a roundabout I pushed him along to 140ish where he proceeded to pull away from me. Then we hit another roundabout and I "done him" coming onto it as he was too slow getting round. I think he was banking on me not tipping it over as much as I did. He tried to keep up after we cleared the roundabout but it was all to no avail lol.

flydnb

Reaction score
I know wot u mean. I had a "burn up" with an RSV4 no so long ago and as we came off a roundabout I pushed him along to 140ish where he proceeded to pull away from me. Then we hit another roundabout and I "done him" coming onto it as he was too slow getting round. I think he was banking on me not tipping it over as much as I did. He tried to keep up after we cleared the roundabout but it was all to no avail lol.

the initial grunt is better than a sportsbike that you have to wind up, on a track a sportsbike would destroy an mt no worries on that maybe not a tight track though, but on most uk roads apart from motorways an mt will keep up easy and its more down to the rider in most cases.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the initial grunt is better than a sportsbike that you have to wind up, on a track a sportsbike would destroy an mt no worries on that maybe not a tight track though, but on most uk roads apart from motorways an mt will keep up easy and its more down to the rider in most cases.
I couldn't agree with u more. My Gixxer K7 wud annihilate the MT on a track. But on the open road/normal highway it wud be a completely different story.