Attention Administrator - Please 'Delete' Me

Del Mar

Reaction score
Hi there - hopefully an Administrator can pick this up.

In the end I didn't purchase an MT-09.

In this case I really had to let head rule heart, so an uber-sensible Honda NC750X now sits in my garage. More suited to my purposes and a genuine average 75mpg (must be an age thing to get excited about that!)

Thing is, after many years of big fast bikes it's about time I slowed down a little by removing the temptation of ballistic performance.

The MT-09 is a great bike, but needs younger pilots, or those who haven't lost their 'edge' as I think I have for something of this ilk.

Enjoy your MTs...!

All the best.

Del

Happy for my account to be deleted.

Cypher

Reaction score
Hi there - hopefully an Administrator can pick this up.

In the end I didn't purchase an MT-09.

In this case I really had to let head rule heart, so an uber-sensible Honda NC750X now sits in my garage. More suited to my purposes and a genuine average 75mpg (must be an age thing to get excited about that!)

Thing is, after many years of big fast bikes it's about time I slowed down a little by removing the temptation of ballistic performance.

The MT-09 is a great bike, but needs younger pilots, or those who haven't lost their 'edge' as I think I have for something of this ilk.

Enjoy your MTs...!

All the best.

Del

Happy for my account to be deleted.
Congrats on your purchase but we want pictures nevertheless! All bikes are cool be it MT-09, Triple or NC750X. I saw one at the MCN show actually and thought it looked quite cool. At least visually it looks like a perfect commuter bike.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase but we want pictures nevertheless! All bikes are cool be it MT-09, Triple or NC750X. I saw one at the MCN show actually and thought it looked quite cool. At least visually it looks like a perfect commuter bike.
Yes I agree...! Pictures please...!

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

gibson

Reaction score
same here delete if you wish , after careful consideration and a few test rides i ended up in bed with the enemy with a street triple r

Del Mar

Reaction score
Pictures? OK, if you insist..! Modded with a few bits and pieces and believe it or not, has a superb V twin exhaust note. Something to do with the stroke and crank angle.

Thanks for all your comments - you're and understanding bunch.... :cool:

BTW, the pic of the bike outside the double gates was Barry Sheene's house in Charlwood, Surrey, before he shipped out to Oz.

Attachments

crotchrocket

Reaction score
That looks funkier than i imagined. Good luck with it (traitor….ahem)

Birdy

Reaction score
No shame there Del , been worrying about my licence for a while now.... cant help popping little wheelies everywhere ! I filter to the front at traffic lights , just to wheelie off in front of everyone , im 47 fer christ sake !May sue Yamaha if i get done :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No shame there Del , been worrying about my licence for a while now.... cant help popping little wheelies everywhere ! I filter to the front at traffic lights , just to wheelie off in front of everyone , im 47 fer christ sake !May sue Yamaha if i get done :)
Lol. U love it really...!

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

M

MT account

i, for my sins joined the ducati hyperstrada forum cos i thought my days were numbered at xmas and decided to have 1 last new toy before being confined to a rubber ring. the hyperstrada was the bestest new status symbol i could afford in thailand (or the nc750 but i went to the grand launch of the honda range and was given a new beer all night for free which ended with me kicking in a shop front in an attempt to find an intruder, an event that im reminded of every time i see the hondas) and so i went for the ducati.........till i rode it.

........thank the baby jesus that they decided to bring in the MT09! besides, the hyperstrada forum had canadians in there .........

M

MT account

Not the Canadians again...lol
yup, the only forum where i havnt been attacked by our snow bound bretheren is the street triple forum, probably because that forum is dominated by 8 cliquey posters that ignore everyone else......oh hum...........Capture.PNG

.......i tried to nick the chainsaw smiley from a n other forum, shame it dont animate.....

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yup, the only forum where i havnt been attacked by our snow bound bretheren is the street triple forum, probably because that forum is dominated by 8 cliquey posters that ignore everyone else......oh hum...........View attachment 1017

.......i tried to nick the chainsaw smiley from a n other forum, shame it dont animate.....
Good job we're not cliquey lol

Birdy

Reaction score
Sounds like a monty python sketch.... poor MT getting attacked by random Canadians wherever he pops up lol ! I hope some pick this up , got to know why they hate you so much man ....

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a monty python sketch.... poor MT getting attacked by random Canadians wherever he pops up lol ! I hope some pick this up , got to know why they hate you so much man ....
I bet it was 'coz he called them all cocks lol

Cypher

Reaction score
Pictures? OK, if you insist..! Modded with a few bits and pieces and believe it or not, has a superb V twin exhaust note. Something to do with the stroke and crank angle.

Thanks for all your comments - you're and understanding bunch.... :cool:

BTW, the pic of the bike outside the double gates was Barry Sheene's house in Charlwood, Surrey, before he shipped out to Oz.
Very nice! I personally love the look of it! Looks almost stunning in white (and a matching helmet :) ).

M

MT account

i dont think a lot of them like to have fun, stuck there in snow drifts while we paddle round in the rain....... who can forget the 16 weeks of torture we had to endure when bryan adams was no.1? dont get me started on celine dion......

M

MT account

dont get me wrong tho as i have a canadian tattoo on 1 arm and my goal is to go there 1 year and visit a museum.........just need a spare $10,000 and im there......

Del Mar

Reaction score
Very nice! I personally love the look of it! Looks almost stunning in white (and a matching helmet :) ).
Thanks Cypher - a little bit 'motard' in appearance.

Despite having only 54bhp it really does get a shift on. The long stroke engine and torque from the word go really is impressive, but as some reports say, it does take a short while to get used to the relatively low redline of 6500. But then, the gears are so tall I haven't found it an issue.

And it's more than just a commuter, don't let the 'rags' tell you that either.

Cheers
Del