Avoid online shop Motea.de

IrishMT-09

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I just want to warn you all to be careful of ordering from the website motea.de
I ordered a break/ clutch leaver set, they sent the wrong set. I returned them and it is now currently day 13 since they received my returns and still no refund. There "customer care" is atrocious so just to sum up avoid this company unless you want hassel.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Steely

Reaction score
I ordered a screen, clutch and brake levers from them, which were delivered very quickly. When they arrived, I found they'd sent the wrong clutch lever. I e-mailed them pics of the stock lever and their lever for comparison (there was no lug on the lever to contact the ignition cut-out switch on the clutch lever perch). Motea replied the next day, and sent me a replacement for the inner section of the lever, no questions asked, and no need to return the wrong part, but after a couple of weeks the replacement had not turned up. I think the problem lies with their carriers - DPD Germany. It took a few days of chasing DPD and then back to Motea, who, after looking in to it (turned out the tracked parcel had never left Germany), sent me another one. I've also bought hand guards from them, which were delivered without drama. Try sending an e-mail for the attention of Alina Sferle, who I found to be very helpful.

IrishMT-09

Reaction score
I ordered a screen, clutch and brake levers from them, which were delivered very quickly. When they arrived, I found they'd sent the wrong clutch lever. I e-mailed them pics of the stock lever and their lever for comparison (there was no lug on the lever to contact the ignition cut-out switch on the clutch lever perch). Motea replied the next day, and sent me a replacement for the inner section of the lever, no questions asked, and no need to return the wrong part, but after a couple of weeks the replacement had not turned up. I think the problem lies with their carriers - DPD Germany. It took a few days of chasing DPD and then back to Motea, who, after looking in to it (turned out the tracked parcel had never left Germany), sent me another one. I've also bought hand guards from them, which were delivered without drama. Try sending an e-mail for the attention of Alina Sferle, who I found to be very helpful.
I glad you've had a good experience, I've contacted them daily it takes them up to 2 days to reply to emails, they today told me they contacted there accounts dept who should have refunded me but no they haven't. I find there responses quite rude considering its them that screwed up. They received the levers on the 7th of July today is the 19th all they have to do is send my refund via Paypal no couriers involved. Its very frustrating, I have purchased quite a bit from Germany over the years and usually I experience fast deliveries and no hassel but on this occasion I can't say the same.

IrishMT-09

Reaction score
Well today, they "refunded" my money, but instead didn't they sent the purchase cost to me via PayPal which ended up that I had to pay fees on my money, they basically didn't know how to issue a refund via Paypal so I'm out of pocket. My experience has been anything other than first class, maybe you guys were lucky and didn't have to deal with "customer care" I am purchasing products online for many years and any occasion there has been a need to do a return etc all has been done smoothly without complication. This issue has been going on for over a month its crazy, they received the returned levers on the 7th of July and only today they attempted to send a refund and even messed this up. I for one wont be dealing with them again.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Buying through paypal should not cost, unless its the currency xchange fee, as you used PayPal, then you could have opened a Dispute, 'Not As Described'.. if Motea ignore or dont respond PayPal will just refund you...

ninjaef

Reaction score
I've used the site seven times for two bikes. no probs. I am anyways polite and so are they. although never had to complain

IrishMT-09

Reaction score
I'm glad you guys have had good experiences, maybe if I didnt have to return the incorrect levers mine experience may have been good also. My experience with their customer care was not good, I am more than patient and very polite. I had to wait 13 days after they received the returned levers to receive my refund, thats not professional and then they refunded me incorrectly so I had to pay fees. So maybe had I just ordered something and received it correctly I maybe too would have had a good experience.