Bargain of the Month.

Andrew Dean Aston

Reaction score
My bargain Akrapovic exhaust, from fleebay, turned up today. So excited. I've removed the baffle and fitted the silencer bracket. It will be fully fitted on saturday morning. All ready fot the Yamaha Day at the Ace Cafe on sunday.

M

MT account

lol! we had a bet running on the finish price on that......i was gonna bid a few quid more than that, ease the dent out n reflog it.

M

MT account

theres another 1 on there for £950 at the mo......i tried to point out theres 2 sponsored ads below the buy it now price showing the same pipe for £799.00 and £850.00 but the reply was "its on the yamaha website for over £1000 so meh....."
........that told me then.......:)

Tracer kid

Reaction score
I gave up and bought a new one yesterday.
Modded the baffle with 12 holes drilled in the 3 pipes.
Sounds the bizz

Andrew Dean Aston

Reaction score
ITS LOUD lol. Kinda thinking its too loud without the baffles. I put them back in for a couple of days, and what a mission that was too. Can i get the ECU remapped to suit the system, or do i have to get a power commander. Or .. Is it ok as it is with a standard ecu. Cheers

Tracer kid

Reaction score
Just up the co setting in the instrument panel to 12 is what the yamaha dealers do.
A remap would be beneficial as the std map is shite to begin with.
The yanks are onto it and have a map for each exhaust and quickshifer options etc

Andrew Dean Aston

Reaction score
Just up the co setting in the instrument panel to 12 is what the yamaha dealers do.
A remap would be beneficial as the std map is shite to begin with.
The yanks are onto it and have a map for each exhaust and quickshifer options etc
How do i do this . Thanks

Tracer kid

Reaction score
To get into the settings, turn off the bike, hold down both Reset and TCS buttons on the dash and turn the bike on.
Hold it for about 5-10 seconds. The dash will show DIAG mode is activated. Switch it to CO but pressing both buttons at the same time (without holding down) or just one of them - I can't quite remember which.

You then get the ability to change the CO setting for each cylinder. Press both buttons to set, and one or the other to increase/decrease the number. The higher the CO setting the richer the mix (again as I understand it - I take no responsibility here - other users may be able to verify this). When set for all cylinders just switch off to save.

You can always reset to default of 0 on all 3.

Andrew Dean Aston

Reaction score
Just come off the phone to Yamaha Technical Department. I asked about the co adjustment. He confirmed, like your above description, on how to adjust it. Though he also said it ONLY adjusts the tickover settings. Not the complete rev-range. My bike is a tiny bit hesitant on acceleration, and he said this is where the adjustment may be beneficial. Happy days.