Best sport touring tires for MT09 2017

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Everyone has there own favourites and preferences when it comes to tyres, I'm now on my 3rd set of PR4's on my FZ6 and I think they're great, but several other makes have got better over the years.
In the German magazine Motorrad they test the touring tyres every year and are pretty good in their write-up of the main contenders (one thing to bear in mind is that some tyres suit some machines better) also a personal preference plays a role.
Here's a link to the website:

Motorradonline
I realise it's in German but google translate ain't half bad these days ;)

Last edited:

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Well, after lot of thinking, i decide to go for PR4s again.
It will be the third set at 40K km.
Main reasons is their price at 250 euros fitted and the fact that they have made me trust them everywhere.. Off course they are not the fastest in cornering but they are the best in so many other cases..

marthass

Reaction score
I bought Metzeler Roadtec 01. Super Rubber. But occasionally, on the first gear below the gas, the wheel will slip. Diablo Rosso 2 has always been with a rear-wheel drive.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I am on metzeler roadtec 01s and I can't fault there grip in dry or wet conditions in fact in 4000 miles they have been perfect in the grip department but I won't buy them again as they started to loose there profile at 3000 miles and slight uneven wear on the front,I had the exact same problem on a different bike with angel GTs which I would say are the same tyre with a different tread pattern.