BI Xenon HID kit

braedan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thought i would share my recent mod - installing a Xenon HID 6000k kit.

The installation was easy (first time doing this mod) the hardest part was trying to find a spot to mount ballast. The total time took around 1 1/2 hours (as I ended up removing all the way down to the airbox to make it easier to mount the ballast and hide all the cables). In the end I tied the ballast with cable ties to the top of the frame on the inside of the air intake. I can always move the ballast if this location causes problems.

This is the ebay page I purchased the kit from if anyone would like to do the same

BI Xenon HID H4 H L Headlamp Conversion KIT Yamaha MT 09 FZ8 N MT 07 | eBay

After riding with the kit installed, I would highly recommend buying and installing the kit, as the light is so much brighter and easier to see the road.

Here are some pics .. If there are any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers :)

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpg

braedan

Reaction score
The light intensity/brightness for both low and high beam are the same. The only difference is the direction that the light is projected

But yes, this kit supports low/high beam

M

MT account

nice 1 mate. i was gonna go for projectors with an angle eye but the chinese ones dont have any particular beam pattern. at least this mod keeps the factory beam pattern......but no angel eye.

braedan

Reaction score
yea there is no doubt that the angel eyes look great, but I decided to just keep it simple. The difference between HID and standard is huge though.. Happy with my purchase

M

MT account

yup, it looks.....BRIGHT! shame they dont do longer leads from the ballast so you can hide all the stuff out of sight. ill be getting 1 for mine

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yup, it looks.....BRIGHT! shame they dont do longer leads from the ballast so you can hide all the stuff out of sight. ill be getting 1 for mine
Dude Sam was out of the shop today so I will ring u tomorrow

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

braedan

Reaction score
This kit does actually come with extensions for the ballast (maybe around 30cm long), but i still struggled to find space as I already have a power commander and autotune in the middle of the bike.. so I figured that was the best option for now

slowrider

Reaction score
i also bought my hid kit on ebay a while ago. but i just bought it in bits. bulb, cables, ballast so it was a lot cheaper. i did this to my cbr 250r using the exact same bits and it works great so far... but yes... stock reflector... no hid projector.

anyway, i wanted to share what i did. i thought it looked a bit nicer and would keep it away from rain. i put the ballast inside the left air scoop, under the tank, which has enough space for all the bits. all you need to do is take off the left air scoop and carefully detach the rubber trim on the tank and you will see the space avail.

i also wrap some sticky tape around the ballast to waterproof it just in case. have a look!

cheers,

IMG_20141012_195746.jpg

IMG_20141012_195809.jpg

IMG_20141012_200034.jpg

IMG_20141012_200402.jpg