bike garage /shed

flydnb

Reaction score
hi im after a secure storage solution I cant build a garage so it has to be a structure about 8ft by 6ft wide, I have seen those metal bike stores but they are 1300 quid plus the concrete bass at 300 and 150 to erect , anyone else got any ideas.? cheers simon.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Secondhand greenhouse, too much noise getting at the bike for thieves and you get to see your bike looking as cool as a cucumber

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

flydnb

Reaction score
I need it for the driveway next to my house not the back garden so I don't want to much attention, I live in a quiet cul de sac though off the main road.

Birdy

Reaction score
I think your best option if space at a premium, get a decent wooden garden shed, when its up , line the inside with 3/4 inch ply and use plenty of screws .Make sure the door is lined and use internal hinges and a good lock. A thieving low life would need a saw, hammer and crow bar to get in, make too much noise. Strong wooden garages are really secure and dry, Tiger sheds do some good stuff , which you can then beef up .Of course all this is academic if you have just generally pissed someone off, they will burn it down !! lol

flydnb

Reaction score
yeah birdy this seems like a good idea , i have seen some quite good ones without windows as well , cheers mate.:)

Birdy

Reaction score
thats exactly what i did mirdiff, but i went a bit over the top, cost over £1400 !!! Missus went mental ! 6 by 2 joists, 3by2 walls , log lap, green roof shingles looks like it should be in the Alps ! I suppose i could save money by putting a real baby inside instead of a monitor ? Nothing too good for the MT :)

Slappyhead

Reaction score
Build a shed and you could use it as storage for the bike and a cottage as well. Win win. ��

flydnb

Reaction score
Build a shed and you could use it as storage for the bike and a cottage as well. Win win. ��
yeah good point but i would have to piss in it as well to get that proper public toilet atmosphere.

psychoattractor

Reaction score
I have mine in a steel 10x13 shed, two padlocks on the door, and a pir alarm in the shed.

The bike is alarmed with a cheap Tech7 alarm (under £20 with movement and current sensor, but very noisy and easy to fit) and chained up to a paddock stand, which would make a lot of noise if anybody tried to drag it along.

There is a PIR 400w floodlight pointed directly at the shed which would wake the neigbourhood if it went off in the night, it is THAT bright!

Then there's the 6ft wooden gate at the side of the house which is padlocked on the outside with a cheap padlock (mainly a visual deterrent) and an Oxford Boss alarm padlock on the inside.

Lastly there's two dogs, but one of them's deaf!

Despite all of this, if someone REALLY wants to steal my bike, they will do it i'm sure. But not without meeting me and my no no stick :rolleyes:

Birdy

Reaction score
Psycho, i also have a no stick [pick handle with a six inch nail in it ] purely as a visual deterrent your honour ! I also have a flood light with camera which records onto internal memory card , it also has a speaker which shouts a warning to low lives they are being recorded ! Gets on my wick at 5 in the morning , but you can disable it, but its fairly quiet where i live so i leave it on .Called guard cam .£80 off the bay, been working fine for 2 years now.

Birdy

Reaction score
Shipping containers about as secure as you can get steve , but i find steel or even concrete block sheds a bit damp and dingy .Left my old super tenere 750 in my steel garage over the winter a few years back. It was all furry and hideous come spring, never the same again , never forgave myself !! :(

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Shipping containers about as secure as you can get steve , but i find steel or even concrete block sheds a bit damp and dingy .Left my old super tenere 750 in my steel garage over the winter a few years back. It was all furry and hideous come spring, never the same again , never forgave myself !! :(
Ventilation is your friend in steel and concrete, good call on the small shipping container nothing stronger out there other than a bank safe.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2