Bike hard start after new spark plug change and AIS remove

Junx27

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Today i had change the new spark plug ( NGK CR9EIX iridium) for my 2015 MT09. I run a stock exhaust and stock air filter but i will get the akra full next month. So i remove the AIS and block the plate. After everything changing and remove, i put the tank on and the bike is so hard to start. I had a test run for couple of mile and i fell throttle seem smooth but the bike power is gone. So plz give me some advice...

Kinjane

Reaction score
Did you disconnect the AIS plug? Have you blocked of the AIS hose hole in the air box hose?

The AIS solenoid should be left connected to the wiring loom until it can no longer be seen by the ECU. The hole need to be blocked to prevent unfiltered access to the air box.

Last edited:

Kinjane

Reaction score
Normally when you remove the tank to work on the engine you rotate it 180* and sit it on the rear sub frame so everything remains connected.
If you did this, did you rotate the tank back 180* the way it was lifted up and twisted to prevent kinking the fuel line and restricting the fuel supply ?

Last edited:

Junx27

Reaction score
Normally when you remove the tank to work on the engine you rotate it 180* and sit it on the rear sub frame so everything remains connected.
If you did this, did you rotate the tank back 180* the way it was lifted up and twisted to prevent kinking the fuel line and restricting the fuel supply ?
no, i remove the tank out of the frame.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Sorry if fuel line is not kinked, can't think of anything else that might cause your problem.
Perhaps something's been logged in the fault menu which could be responsible - which from memory is number 61 in the DIAG

Junx27

Reaction score
Sorry if fuel line is not kinked, can't think of anything else that might cause your problem.
Perhaps something's been logged in the fault menu which could be responsible - which from memory is number 61 in the DIAG
Today, after research google and the forum, i set the CO setting to 10 on 3 cylinder and it start with no problem for cold start. But when it get hot , at 105, the fan kick in and hard start again. I must turn the key off 3 time and i start it with throttle open a little. Thanks for you advice [MENTION=669]Kinjane[/MENTION]

Kinjane

Reaction score
Someone else may offer better thoughts but if you need to hold the throttle open to start the engine perhaps there's a problem with your Idle Speed Control data.

flydnb

Reaction score
I have some advice , stop fucking with you're bike if you do not know what you are doing , your welcome.

Junx27

Reaction score
I have some advice , stop fucking with you're bike if you do not know what you are doing , your welcome.
Ok, but i must disagree with your point. Cuz if we dont try anything we dont know, we juz never firgure it out. I can do whatever i want on my bike. And if you can be polite, you can stay out of my thread. Your welcome

flydnb

Reaction score
Ok, but i must disagree with your point. Cuz if we dont try anything we dont know, we juz never firgure it out. I can do whatever i want on my bike. And if you can be polite, you can stay out of my thread. Your welcome
Figure what out exactly ?