Bit of tweaking today

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Had a wee bit of a fettle to see if I could improve the oil feed to the chain, think this should do the trick nicely now.DSC_0446.jpgDSC_0447.jpgDSC_0448.jpg

Stripy

Reaction score
Wont this position fling the oil off the chain straight away, before it even get time to settle?

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I don't know but I will advise lol , think it is worth a go. If it does not work out it is only a 2 minute job to alter it. At the end of the day with chain oilers it is likely that 65% of the oil is flung off anyway before achieving anything. Probably why dry lubs are on the increase.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Lewfz1 I've done similar thing on a Honda transalp were I drilled a hole in the rubber chain slider from the top and out of the side,I then placed the oil feed pipe into the side,the oil then ran onto the slider and the chain ran through the oil and it worked well.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
Wont this position fling the oil off the chain straight away, before it even get time to settle?
that was my thought, it needs to run through the chain from the inside to lube it properly, dripping on the outside will just fling off

LewFZ1

Reaction score
ToastedBlue it is dripping to the centre of the chain, have yet to try it to see how it fairs will post in a day or two and let all know how it works out. As I say it is only a min job to redo elsewhere.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
No Robin I drilled it myself 6mm drill if you are thinking about doing it hang fire and I will post if it is a success or not.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Okay I have had a few runs out on the bike now since I did the mod. I am really happy with it , still slowly adjusting the feed on the Tutoro oiler, I had set the feed rate higher initially to see if it was going to throw off onto the back wheel, it isn't so that is a bonus. Best thing is that the chain is getting a good oiling all over , I am prepared to accept that I will have to clean around the front sprocket a bit more than usual but I am not concerned about that. Once I have the feed set up that will improve as well. I am aiming at having to re-fill the reservoir again about 750 miles/1200kms. That is what I was getting before and the chain was well oiled at that. It was the throw off onto the rear wheel that was annoying. If you have a centre stand it is not as annoying and to get the paddock stand out every time you wash the bike is pain as well.

Last edited: