Both axles hollow? Anyone know hole size?

lee1980

Reaction score
Im looking to get universal axle slider/bobbins they use 8mm threaded rod.

lee1980

Reaction score
Thanks Rich, be a bit more faff but cheaper than the ones especially for our bikes and be a bit bigger to do the job.

marksim

Reaction score
8mm will be fine but dont forget about the fitment to the rear spindle nut and the front L/H "when sat on bike" narrow projecting bit at bottom of fork leg.

lee1980

Reaction score
8mm will be fine but dont forget about the fitment to the rear spindle nut and the front L/H "when sat on bike" narrow projecting bit at bottom of fork leg.
I see do you mean ones from r&g etc cater for these bits? I imagine on rear need to removed to adjust chain and as you the bobbin will be sitting on top the large axle nut.
Maybe on front it wont sit flat neatly on left side?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
U can drill the recess into the back of a skateboard wheel like I did. It fits perfectly lol. Cost me £4.50 for 4 wheels of my colour choice and I got the threaded bar for free coz I used to be the transport manager at the firm I got it from lol.

lee1980

Reaction score
U can drill the recess into the back of a skateboard wheel like I did. It fits perfectly lol. Cost me £4.50 for 4 wheels of my colour choice and I got the threaded bar for free coz I used to be the transport manager at the firm I got it from lol.
I see now, the universal set im looking at which is 4 black bobbins and rod plus nuts etc for £30, where as all others for front and rear be +50. I dont want ones that screw into swingarm either as will be using an abba stand.

Last edited:

Kinjane

Reaction score
Despite having a centre stand I have a pair of rear bobbins just for the added crash protection...

MadGelo

Reaction score
Reading the title, i thought it was going to be one of the "I miss the summer and riding the bike " threads with a creepy twist :p

Last edited:

jamonda

Reaction score
Solid or hollow axles

Hi, friends.
I have a 2015 MT-09 and discovered that the model sold in Brazil have solid axles, not the hollow ones that would admit slider bobbins.
Does anybody here can explain why I would use solid axles instead of the hollow ones? Should I change them?
Thanks.

PaulG

Reaction score
Hi, friends.
I have a 2015 MT-09 and discovered that the model sold in Brazil have solid axles, not the hollow ones that would admit slider bobbins.
Does anybody here can explain why I would use solid axles instead of the hollow ones? Should I change them?
Thanks.
It may be a local requirement. E.G. I believe that Canada requires castelated nuts and cotter pins on axles.