Braking-2 fingers covered or 4 fingers

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Just wondering what you all do. Personally I use all 4 but am considering trying the two fingers covered method.
Any advice/ comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

El Bandito

Reaction score
I don't cover the front brake. You ask about 2 or 4 fingers. I use 3 for braking - I must be strange.

DT09

Reaction score
I use two but i dont cover the brake. It bugs my hand with the throttle twist. I will work on it cause in an emergency brake sitch it saves precious time. I do cover the clutch with two but.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

El Bandito

Reaction score
Covering the clutch was a 2stroke thing. I didn't do that back in the day when I had my 350LC. I hope the guy that bought my bike did - it seized a thousand more miles after I sold it!
I only cover the front brake when I filter but when I was out for a play for an hour today I did the 2 finger cover belting around the countryside and it seemed quite natural. Might keep on doing that....

Jetty

Reaction score
I find I never need more than two fingers over the brake and probably cover it most of the time, definitely when I'm crapping it. However, that said, when just bumbling around, will often just use one finger to brake. I am using after-market stubby little levers. As for the clutch, I can pull it in with three fingers, leaving my little pinkie fully wrapped around the handlebar. Don't know why, just can and do. :/

TWMoto

Reaction score
I never cover the brake unless I am intending to stop or slow down. Covering in case of an emergency leads to snatchy reactions I was taught.

My instructor compared it to getting on a plane and putting your life jacket on [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

R6owdlad

Reaction score
I never cover the brake unless I am intending to stop or slow down. Covering in case of an emergency leads to snatchy reactions I was taught.

My instructor compared it to getting on a plane and putting your life jacket on [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I never had instructions as took my test in 1970 and it was basically a case of teaching yourself in those good old days!!