Brembo

sigtrm

Reaction score
Anyone fitted Brembo brakes, calipers,cylinders,pads?

l34chy

Reaction score
not yet but i have new sintered pads brembo rcs19 master cylinder and braided hoses the standard brakes lack feel infact they are very poor to say the least.
I will be fitting them soon i just need a bit of time i will let you know the results which i'm sure will be a vast improvement.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I don't think the MT needs them, the money would be better spent elsewhere on the bike , like a rear shock

flipper

Reaction score
brakes are superb. the forks are so soft you can't use them.

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Yep, I agree also. All I've done to my brakes is stick on a set of Goodridge hoses and they are awesome!!!
Cheers daps

marthy

Reaction score
I upgraded mine for EBC R1's (320mm) rotors, EBC pro pads, SS lines and I use a 16mm master (FZ8 for the oem mirrors) The whole combo work great!

I kept the calipers but add some R6's spacers.

Thunder Child

Reaction score
That's a very nice setup, Marthy.

The R6 spacers you mention. Are they spacers the R6 uses as stock for those calipers or are they aftermarket spacers to add bigger brakes to an R6?

I'm keep to put bigger rotors on the bike - mainly for aesthetics though. The little rotors look comically small to me compared to other bikes i've owned.

sigtrm

Reaction score
I upgraded mine for EBC R1's (320mm) rotors, EBC pro pads, SS lines and I use a 16mm master (FZ8 for the oem mirrors) The whole combo work great!

I kept the calipers but add some R6's spacers.

Yep, all nice and shiny but I asked specifically for Brembo, thanks for hijacking the thread.

sigtrm

Reaction score
Seriously, please, I asked about Brembo, not about other brakes, not about if stock brakes are good or bad, there are threads out there about this.

marthy

Reaction score
What about you just call Brembo directly instead of getting upset from people giving you good advise?

thisisadu

Reaction score
I find this highly rude. People are giving you options and you just tell people to gtfo...

flipper

Reaction score
Seriously, please, I asked about Brembo, not about other brakes, not about if stock brakes are good or bad, there are threads out there about this.
Doesn't look like it does it?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now now. Calm down or I will get the big stick out and start tanning me some backside lol. Uv been warned. ;)

sigtrm

Reaction score
I find this highly rude. People are giving you options and you just tell people to gtfo...
So how do you name situation when you ask for oranges and people give you apples? I didn't want to be rude, but it is annoying when you ask a specific question and people write about something else.

sigtrm

Reaction score
What about you just call Brembo directly instead of getting upset from people giving you good advise?
Marthy I appreciate your input, I did not want to be rude to you, I just really wanted to know if anyone has experience with Brembo. And ofc I can call them, but why do we have forum then? It is better to know someone's first hand experience than hear sales talk via phone;-)

Birdy

Reaction score
Could be another thaigate episode....brembo gate ! Speaking of thais , where is mtaccount nowdays TT.? err sorry about the hijacking thread sickthing, seigheil....how do you pronounce that ? LOL

sigtrm

Reaction score
Could be another thaigate episode....brembo gate ! Speaking of thais , where is mtaccount nowdays TT.? err sorry about the hijacking thread sickthing, seigheil....how do you pronounce that ? LOL
Sieg Heil
I did nazi that coming.